Your favourite 80's music / videos?

MaximumRD

Oh man, my wife and I sometimes just load up playlist after playlist of 80's hits on youtube and let it play in the background. So often it is always like "OH WOW, HAVEN'T HEARD THIS ONE IN YEARS!", of course we have our favourites but their are so many great 80's songs I don't recall until I hear it again :spot: .

Bonus is enjoying so many videos and seeing some for the first time, some so cheesy or low budget but it didn't matter as it was all about the music. :thumb:

[video=youtube]

:spot:

[video=youtube]

:beer:

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

You know who the masters were when they reappear in the first few posts.

Billy Idol - White Wedding

Peter Gabriel - Shock the Monkey

Judas Priest - You've Got Another Thing Coming

And because this is a gaming forum, Judas Priest - Free Wheel Burning.

Edited by atarilbc

While not a song from the eighties, it wasn't until then I started listening to Supertramp. Take The Long Way Home and Another Man's Woman remain my favorites for their piano/keyboard techniques.

My mother discovered Go West and I have sort of considered their first album a one hit wonder. Only the first three tracks on the album are my favorites.

During my early teens I enjoyed listening to Exposé. The three female vocals were my crush over the likes of Tiffany and Debbie Gibson. Personally, Tiffany was way more cute than Debbie but I couldn't get over how bubbly cute her smile was. I can't remember her name but in the video What You Don't Know she is the one in the overalls.

Last one for now...Baby Makes Her Blue Jeans Talk for some classic and fun Dr. Hook. I will post more later. Of course I listen to the more common artists as well but I was after more off the wall or overlooked artists that are great in their own right.

Edited by kamakazi20012

While not anything on the radio, every Sunday on Turner Broadcasting there was a kids music show called Kids Incorporated. I enjoyed the music and while most of the program consisted of recaps to then popular radio hits they also had a few originals. Maybe not of the best music talent but still a trip down memory lane for me.

Spoiler: Those that might not know almost every one of the five singers in this video continued their music careers. Remember Wild Orchid? Two members were from Kids Inc., namely Renee and Stacy. Remember Mario Lopez of Saved By The Bell fame? He's on drums in the video. And most of us probably know Fergie. That's actually Stacy Ferguson from Kids Inc., the only cast member to be with the show from start to finish.

Enjoy! Thought I would do some thinking outside the box.

Edited by kamakazi20012

I did not have cable growing up, so unless a video got rare network treat (like Thriller), chances are I didn't see it. But I did see some, usually in stores on demo TVs, or in Kids R Us, which had videos playing. 

Here are some of my faves.

The first two I was a fan of, simply because I was a big WWF fans in the 80s:

Real American by Rick Derringer feat Hulk Hogan

Girl's Just Wanna Have Fun feat Lou Albano 

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

I was also a fan of They Might Be Giants and was excited when I saw the Birdhouse in Your Soul video at KRU

At Cedar Point, waiting in line for a roller coaster, I also enjoyed You Can Call Me Al feat Chevy Chase

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

@NSG - I loved Cedar Point as a kid! So many great coasters there. The Magnum XL, Meanstreak, Raptor, etc. The Corkscrew was my first coaster with inversions!

Did you ever go to Kings Island? I'm from central Ohio, so we would alternate between the two when I was growing up. One summer it was up to Sandusky, the next it was down to Mason. I also had family in Virginia and went to Kings Dominion once or twice. It's Kings Island's sister park. Both are now owned by Cedar Fair, the parent company of Cedar Point.

"These next two songs are for couples only please. Couples only.". That was the statement made over the PA at the local skating rink in my area when I was suppose to be growing up. These songs are memories of a school sweetheart I was with from 2nd grade up until they moved away by the time we were in 7th grade. I have no regrets but I still have what-ifs. These were the songs we skated to. The skating rink is no longer there. Great memories.

So grab your loved one close and dance with them.