Squad Challenge - 2018 Pole Position II Grand Prix (Atari 7800)

Justin

Hey fellas, just hunkered down out here in Pole Position land, checking in. I beat Seaside once, working on Suzuka which is pretty insane. I can get Pole Position in the qualifying lap but haven't been able to finish the track yet. Still working on it! Great job to everyone playing!

Here's my lap time for Seaside, I came in at 312:00. I'm also posting photos of getting a Pole Position at Suzuka, and also the glitch that I keep getting. It keeps glitching out mid-lap after playing for about an hour, maybe you're having this happen too.

Seaside: 312:00

Pole_Position_II_Seaside.jpg

Pole_Position_II_Suzuka_Pole_Position.jpg

Pole_Position_II_Glitsch.jpg

Hey fellas, I just beat Suzuka. It is possible, but it's exhausting. Played a real cartridge on real hardware on a tube TV using a European Atari 7800 Control Pad. After this I think I'll take a few spins around the easier tracks and see if I can brush up on my lap times. Then I'll go back to doing some Atari 2600 Crystal Castles, I still have that bug.

Suzuka: 312:62

Pole_Position_II_Suzuka.jpg

Mine hasn't had any glitches, just not playing fair :D

You might try cleaning the cart's contacts using a q-tip and alcohol to see if that helps.

I got that glitch once as well , didn't snap a pic , cleaned with q-tip & suff , hadn't seen it again

I think it was on the Sukuka track but don't remember

I disassembled the cartridge and gave it a deep down thorough cleaning before I started playing. I still get that glitch once in a while. It never happens at power up, it's always after playing for about an hour.

Hey guys, set some new lap times today, checking in. Shaved my lap times down on Test, Fuji, and Seaside tracks, plus posted my Suzuka lap earlier. Special "Thank You!" again and shout-out to the legendary RickR for supplying me with an original Pole Position II cartridge when I was in need. You guys are pulling off the impossible, posting some seriously good lap times. I don't doubt there are even better lap times to come in the final days. Good luck to all of our racers here!  :pole_position:

MY LAP TIMES FROM TODAY 

Test: 266:45

Fuji: 275:14

Seaside: 295:45

Suzuka: 312:62

pole_position_II_Test-A.jpg

Pole_Position_II_Fuji-A.jpg

Pole_Position_II_Seaside-A.jpg

Is that a Sony TV, Justin?

Yes it's a Sony Trinitron from 1998. I'm the original owner. Spent many hours playing original PlayStation on this TV when it was new. It's ended up being the best TV for 8-Bit gaming. Super Nintendo, Genesis and TurboDuo look fantastic on my flatscreen. Atari, NES, and SMS stay on the Trinitron.

Good job, Justin! Unfortunately that now means I have to do better. :P. I'll have to try later this evening.

I want to see you outperform my laps! I'm sure you will. Best wishes kamikaze!

Well everyone, I won't be able to submit any more scores by 8/31 -- I'm off on a road trip!  I'll try to drive a little more carefully than I do in PP2 though.  Good luck all.  PP2 was a really fun game and I'm glad that this contest allowed me to get re-acquainted with it. 

:P Massachusetts Drivers :P

Proud Masshole!!!!! hhahaha

Well, I tried and tried, but I just can't finish that 3rd track.  Congrats to those who could.  I think this game is way too unforgiving.  One crash and it's impossible to finish. 

I know the pain, still cant finish the 2nd track. hahah Not saying much seeing I did not play this one much at all until now. Squad Challenge or not I WILL complete Fuji if it kills me. hahaha

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!