2018 McDonald's Mario Toys

jmjustin6

I don't have many McDonald's toys in my collection, but I did get the Mario one hitting the yellow box from this set.  My gf works at a thrift store and brought it home one day.

I also have a red koopa shell that you pull back and let go and it runs across the floor for a bit.  Think it's also a McDonald's thing, but not quite sure.

On 7/9/2019 at 2:34 PM, Control Issues said:

I also have a red koopa shell that you pull back and let go and it runs across the floor for a bit.  Think it's also a McDonald's thing, but not quite sure.

Yes this was part of the 2017 McDonald's Mario toy set. I've got a few if them. Nowadays when McDonald's toys come out in about a few weeks the thrift stores get over run with them. 

Related, but not related:  Earlier this year, McD's had "Avengers" toys that I thought were pretty cool.  They also had a promotion with our local sports team for free 6 piece nuggets every time the team scored 100 points.  So, my go-to the day after a Blazers win was to go to McD's and get the free nuggies and a hamburger happy meal.  I ended up with about 5 or six of the Avenger toys.   And also a pretty tasty lunch for about $3.50.  I like how the happy meals come with apples, which is a little healthier...but it is a bit embarrassing to order a happy meal as a grown adult. 

Since the season ended, I haven't been to McD's :)  

Edited by RickR