Family Fun Football

Atari 5200 Guy

This is a fun game! I don't get why it got bad reviews on Metacritic by Nintendo Power, IGN, and ZTGD. Out of all of the sports games I have tried through the decades, this one has become my favorite. It's not overly complicated. I don't get it. Maybe I'm missing something.

Maybe someone here can clear things up for me. I would not pass this game off as shovelware. I have other Wii games a lot worse than this...and I have other sports games that don't get played as much as this one.

I'm not familiar with that one.  But if I saw it, I'd buy it.  From your video, it looks like a lot of fun to me.  Not too complicated and fun.  PS - I subscribed to your youtube channel. 

I'm one of those weirdos that really like video games sports titles.  I like that sports games usually have a pretty set game length, so if you have 15 minutes, you know you can finish a game.  I really like "The Show" baseball games for PSP.  And believe it or not, the backyard sports games for GBA are perfect for some silly fun on trips.  Just crank up the difficulty level for a little challenge. 

Edited by RickR

Thanks for the sub! Wii has some Backyard titles too...I just haven't seen them locally yet.

I guess I'm weird, too, as I generally don't care for the usual football/baseball titles because of their overly complicated stats system. I don't really care about realism as long as the heart of the game is simple and fun to play. I didn't even realize that the field in the game I played wasn't a full length field until earlier. But it's still fun.