Toys R us Making a comeback?

Kid A

I was hoping this would be the case! TRU IP is too iconic to slip away. Either someone ambitious will buy the name and try to do something cool with it, or TRU will find a way to restructure. I don't foresee TRU disappearing from the history books forever. Time will tell.

My guess is that they will open and adopt an online only store option similar to what Circuit City and Radio Shack do now. All the stores here in Oklahoma closed as well so it wouldn't make sense to have closed them all out and liquidated them to only have to reopen and restock etc. That would be a huge waste of money and that is part of the problem to begin with isn't it?

So yeah, it if they do come back, I'm sure it will be in online only form.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

Maybe open in smaller and fewer locations?

I could see that in places that maybe they wouldn't face competition from? And that is the puzzling part of it. Aside from Wal-Mart and Target, there aren't any other toy chains in Oklahoma that Toys R Us had to worry about. They were the ONLY real toy stores we had and they up and closed practically overnight with their store fixtures etc... even being sold out to the highest bidders. I know because a lot of the OKLA area retro gamers were posting their brag photos of the signage and cabinets they were able to score from the store liquidations here.

And most of the buildings have been bought by other companies and turned into something else already. So yeah..for TRU to come back in Oklahoma would mean they would have to spend some serious capital to build or buy buildings back and then have to stock them and hire employees..etc. Again it would cost them quite a lot to start over in my neck of the world. 

I think they should go with an online presence to compete again Amazon starting off. Way less overhead to deal with in that case but they would need a solid infrastructure in place for online sales and ordering.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections