Justin

What games do you want to see in High Score Squad for 2019?

I'd really like to see a suggestion for Intellivision.  The issue I'm having in coming up with such a game is finding one that doesn't go on and on for hours.  For example, Astrosmash is a great game, but it's way too easy.  Night Stalker...lots of fun, but it can go on and on once you get good. 

50 minutes ago, Atari Creep said:

Maybe some Genesis titles.

Dragons Fury and Dragons Revenge are great Pinball games. Space Invaders 91 would be great!!!!

But anything else on the Genesis that is high score based would be great. 

Genesis games would be COOL!  Good idea.  And SNES. 

3 hours ago, Atari Creep said:

Maybe some Genesis titles.

Dragons Fury and Dragons Revenge are great Pinball games. Space Invaders 91 would be great!!!!

But anything else on the Genesis that is high score based would be great. 

Keep going Creep, you're on a roll. Naming names really helps build this list.

Hypothetical question: If we were to do Defender 2000 on the Jag how many of you would be able to participate? The biggest factor I take into consideration when coming up with Squad Challenges is how accessible any given game is to everybody in the forums who wants to play. Is this game something more people in the forums can participate in than not? Will this kill participation in High Score Squad? If I were living in dreamland I'd be running TG16, Lynx and Jaguar Squad Challenges all day long but I feel like I'd be the only one playing them. It's challenging to find the right balance.

Everybody contributing ideas and stepping up with what they want to see is super helpful. Thanks guys! 

20 minutes ago, Justin said:

Hypothetical question: If we were to do Defender 2000 on the Jag how many of you would be able to participate? The biggest factor I take into consideration when coming up with Squad Challenges is how accessible any given game is to everybody in the forums who wants to play. Is this game something more people in the forums can participate in than not? Will this kill participation in High Score Squad? If I were living in dreamland I'd be running TG16, Lynx and Jaguar Squad Challenges all day long but I feel like I'd be the only one playing them. It's challenging to find the right balance.

Everybody contributing ideas and stepping up with what they want to see is super helpful. Thanks guys! 

I only threw that up there since I have a copy. I don't do emulation, so if I don't own it, I don't play it. But that's just me. 

Of course, since it looks like you're doing 2 HSS a month, you could always  do one mainstream game and one less common game, or maybe do one obscure game after you do a group of commons.

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I would be out of that one.

3 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Another thought is to pick 3 or 4 titles, and have the forums vote on what they can and would want to play.

I've thought about doing that, it's a good idea. Catch is not tipping off the forums of what games are coming up by providing a narrow list. I wouldn't want to be unfair in having someone taking a head start in a game and getting really good at it before it's announced.

1 minute ago, Justin said:

I've thought about doing that, it's a good idea. Catch is not tipping off the forums of what games are coming up by providing a narrow list. I wouldn't want to be unfair in having someone taking a head start in a game and getting really good at it before it's announced.

You could also keep the vote close to the start day. You probably only need 2-3 days for the vote, and you could serve as the tie breaker if needed.

3 hours ago, Atari Creep said:

I would be out of that one.

I was probably too specific in naming Defender 2000. It's a tough reality when there are so many really cool games out there, Defender 2000 being one example, that not everybody has access to.

This is one reason we have the Scoreboard as well as Danisen League which we are simplifying into a basic 2-Player Challenge. If two or three of us have a less common game, and we're all in the "Atari I/O Defender 2000 Club" so to speak, we can compete with each other not he side, in addition to whatever Squad Challenge is going on at the time. It's a cool idea for us to be able to challenge each other like we would going over to a friends house to play games when we were kids. I would sit on the carpet in front of the TV trying to beat my friend Jon at so many games it's endless. Being able to do that in the forums works out really well, that way we can compete with each other on games that only a select few of us have.

That said, there are no limits on anything. The more titles you guys can name the better! If Lights Out on Tiger Game.Com turns out to be a hit in the forums let's do it. Having this list and reading your recommendations is very helpful.

10 hours ago, Justin said:

Maybe do the normal schedule of 2 games every month but maybe add a 3rd obscure game that run the last week of the 1st game and the 1st week  of the second game??? Or maybe all month long?

16 minutes ago, Kid A said:

Maybe do the normal schedule of 2 games every month but maybe add a 3rd obscure game that run the last week of the 1st game and the 1st week  of the second game??? Or maybe all month long?

What games would you like to see Kid A?