Justin

What games do you want to see in High Score Squad for 2019?

On 12/2/2018 at 2:30 PM, RickR said:

I'm trying to remember what we did for NES Super Mario Bros a long time ago.  I think it was something like the score you could achieve with one life.

Something concise and simple like that might work well for platformers. Nice suggestions guys.

:pow_big:

LAST CHANCE TO GET YOUR
NOMINATIONS IN FOR 2019!

Last call! Here's your chance to nominate games for High Score Squad in 2019! So far you gents have thrown out some great ideas. What else can we come up with? Looking for specific game titles here. Ideas for special challenges or events are also welcome. Need to know, specifically, what games would entice you to fire up that classic game system and log into the forums for High Score Squad. Hope to see you there!

Another F-Zero challenge would be nice AFTER I get the controllers and game though.  I don't want to miss another one if I can help it.  It has enough tracks to last a while.  Silence is my favorite of all.  Some 2D space shooters would be nice as well.  SMS got Astro Warrior, NES got Alpha Mission, Gradius, and loads more.  SNES got Gradius III, E.D.F., R-Type, Thunder strike to name a few.  Genesis got some good ones as well which I have only two.  Namely Twin Cobra and Thunder Force II...both I feel are great games.

One area I never see high score challenges for can be found on the ST (are we starting to see a pattern?).  The ST has loads of great arcade-style public domain games that were either free or shareware.  There are variants/clones of Columns, Centipede, Ms. Pac-Man to name just a few.  The main issue is with region differences.  Some play fine on NTSC systems, others do not.  I'm currently going through every PD game made to date to see what works and what don't.  Its time consuming but might be worth it if we can do challenges with those.  What games work on a standard ST connected to a NTSC TV are the ones I'm making a list of, those that don't get derezed.  Not because of my setup but because this would be the cheaper, more common ST setup.  If interested I can post my findings.

10 hours ago, RadioPoultry said:

If games for home computers are an option, then I would like to nominate Spare Change  for Atari 8-bit/Apple II/C64. (It's possible to change difficulty settings with ctrl-Z.)

EVERYTHING is an option, including arcade games played in public 😎