Sign in to follow this  
Justin

Squad Challenge - F-ZERO (Super Nintendo)

19 hours ago, RickR said:

Who has tips for making it through the minefield section?  That's where things always go wrong for me. 

This is how I'm currently doing it (more or less). On the first lap, I turn early into the corner of the rough area, which gives me a comfortable path to the corner of the other rough area, which I try not to hit at all. During all of this,  I never let go of the accelerator. Like so:

fzPath1.gif.2fb31ec93fc06ef0f3affacee297921a.gif

On the laps afterwards, I use my boost just after the space starts to open up, and go diagonally all the way through:

fzPath2.gif.9810f1d92eb333c0cea1b99ee399113c.gif

5 hours ago, RickR said:

Here is my typical path....

fzPath2.gif.9810f1d92eb333c0cea1b99ee399113c.gif

I could not keep myself from laughing out loud when I saw this.  That would have been my first few times trying Mute City III.  But draw one line over the edge, jumping into oblivion, and that would have been me.  I don't know how it happened but another craft ran into me at that section and blew up which caused my car to leave the track, like I hit a ramp.  BOOM!  I ended up being a firework show.

I can't express enough how much I love this game!  I think I know what my New Resolution is going to be.  Get this game and get my SNES completed so I can enjoy it.  I could spend days on this game.

2'02"54

20181211_233724.thumb.jpg.f57b1c067218c372e6460bd19c185322.jpg

20181211_233847.thumb.jpg.f0dca10ce5402cbd40243c63544aeb8e.jpg

I was stuck for a while, but I think I found some ways to shave off a few milliseconds here and there. I may have been taking the corners too sharply early in the first lap. Or maybe I just had a change in luck.

I'm playing it without sound, now. I think it may help me concentrate. And it is Mute City after all.

Your turn, Kid A!