Christmas classics of my generation 😉😎🍻

MaximumRD

A nice mishmash of good movies, even if I haven't seen all of them yet. I think it would be cool for people to make lists of their favorite Christmas movies. I'll try to do that as soon as possible. In the meantime, there was this video I made a few weeks ago showing my Christmas movie collection (which needs a video update now, but this will do for now).

Edit: Okay, let's see if I can remember all my favorite Christmas movies.

Scrooge (Seymour Hicks)

A Christmas Carol (George C Scott)

A Christmas Carol (Alastair Simm)

A Christmas Carol (Jim Carrey)

Muppet Christmas Carol

Miracle on 34th Street (original)

The Grinch (Boris Karloff)

The Grinch (Jim Carrey)

Rankin Bass' Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

Rankin Bass' Frosty the Snowman

Rankin Bass' Frosty's Winter Wonderland

Charlie Brown Christmas

Night Before Christmas (Castle Films)

Raymond Briggs' The Snowman

VeggieTales' The Toy That Saved Christmas

Jingle All the Way

Christmas Comes But Once a Year

A Christmas... (Not sure what the rest of the title is. It's a Russian short film, and the title narration in the dub is cut off by static noises)

Disney's Annie

The Polar Express

The Santa Clause

That's all I can remember for now.

Edited by atarifan95

That poster is awesome, and I like your list atarifan95. 

One of my favorites that's not really a Christmas movie -- Dumb and Dumber.  Why?  It's set in winter mostly.  And for me, it really lightens the mood since it's so dang funny. 

I also will get hooked by almost every version of "A Christmas Carol".  I just love the comeuppance of it.  Patrick Stewart, Alistair Simm, Bill Murray, heck even Mickey Mouse.  Any version. 

My grandmother and I had a tradition during the holidays.  When national broadcasting channels would air shows like Rudolph and Charlie Brown we watched/recorded them.  We had a hard time trying to get The Grinch but eventually got it.   We always watched Emmit Otter's Jug Band Christmas on CED followed by Muppets Christmas Carol.  She also had some Christmas themed CEDs Disney produced of which I can't remember the name of but it had snippets of cartoon shorts combined into about an hour program.  As time went on and channels started airing more holiday specials they got recorded and became part of our holiday entertainment.  Music, cartoons, live action, a wide variety.  Great memories for sure.