Merry Christmas

Atari 5200 Guy

The holidays were always a special time for my family.  The smells of my aunt's food cooking which she always made enough to last us a week in leftovers.  Decorating my grandmother's artificial white Christmas tree with ornaments all of which was older than me.  The aroma of the coffee my aunt, uncle, and grandmother would throwback to help them stay awake so they could finish up last minute details.  And my aunt always decorated her house with lights, garland, and a musical carousel.  That was my Dad's side.

And Mom always going shopping with me right there with me.  I don't know how she managed to do it but a few times she snuck gifts for me in the car I never seen until Christmas day.  My best friend in the world, always entertaining and silly when her asthma wasn't in the way.  Always find odd things in odd places that turned out to be more memorable than that NES game unwrapped on Christmas day.  

Then the time finally arrived.  My gift unwrapping always started on Christmas Eve at my grandmother's.  Christmas morning was with Mom and then we were off to my grandparents' house (mom's side) 60 miles away for dinner.  Many times their house was overcrowded and with those family members that always managed to get under your skin.  Most visits grandpa and I would go off for a bit, saying we were going hunting, just to get away.  Sometimes we actually did, other times we just went in the deer woods and took a nap in his little Datsun truck.

Those times are more precious to me than any gift under the tree.  If I could get one gift it would be to have them back for one day since I no longer have them...just one day.  Since that can't be done I thought I would find a few things to share that my family either watched or listened to together.  I can't take anyone hunting since I gave out up when my grandpa passed.  It just didn't seem right to do so after he left.

With that said I want to wish everyone here a very Merry Christmas and blessings.  You guys have been awesome and, in a way, became part of my family...my Atari family.  Please enjoy these findings with your loved ones, family, and friends.  Make memories that will last a lifetime.

This one is in three parts.  More to come!