Who will chime in this close to Christmas? Whatcha doin?

MaximumRD

Just thought I would take a moment before things get a little to busy, as Christmas day rapidly approaches just wanted to see who might respond and if so what exactly are your plans from this point up to New Years Eve? Just curious. We, meaning me and my wife Melissa are ordering Indian Food take out tonight and tomorrow for Christmas Dinner we are going to The Oak & Crue for a special Christmas Eve Dinner we have reserved. We have no children or family visiting so pretty much a overall quiet time for us. We watch Christmas movies and even branched out to a Christmas Anime this year we both enjoyed (Tokyo GodFathers, not specifically Christmas but it turned out to be a heart warming story that took place during the season) and some UK shows doing their Christmas episodes.

We previously went and seen The Nut Cracker at our community theater (first time for each of us) and a couple nights ago a 2 man show called O Christmas Tea : A British Comedy, it was wacky and out there but funny and entertaining. Lastly, we will go to a brunch witch is amazing at The El Dorado in town Jan 2nd to celebrate the New Year. 

So that's us. ANYWAY MERRY CHRISTMAS to all here and all the best in 2019. :beer:

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Merry Christmas to you!

We are happy to have both adult children home this year.  And Grandma from British Columbia.  So a full house.  Our plan is to have Christmas eve dinner at my brother's house.  On Christmas, my wife's family comes over.  I am making a turkey.  I tend to get a little overwhelmed with so many people around, so I hide in my garage and work on projects when things get too much.  In the meantime, my sons and I have been playing a lot of Smash Bros (on Switch) and some crazy computer game called "Ultimate Chicken Horse".  Both are really good.  Although Dad seems to come in last place a lot more than I remember...

Well, what family I have left is in Arkansas, North Carolina, and Washington state and all of my wife's family is in Arizona.  So it will be just her and I as usual.  Wrapping each other's gifts (except the new ST I got lol) and just enjoy each other's company.  Dinner will be in house.  Tonight or tomorrow will be an outing to see our towns lights in the park and other houses.  Christmas day comes the exchange of gifts and lunch.  Not entirely sure after that other than watching When Calks The Heart special on Hallmark.  May play some card and board games.  Not sure about video games but I might try to sneak in an ST game or two.  Were also going to make chocolate covered pretzels later this evening.  No family visiting so anything goes.  Who knows?

We dont do anything special on Christmas eve, but tomorrow I've got my brother and grandma coming over. Parents are already here. We are gonna open the presents early tomorrow before grandma gets here because some of us got booze gifts and she doesnt agree with all that (says she's never had a drink or smoke in all her 89 years) 

But we are making a pot roast with plenty of sides to go with it. Gonna be delicious. 

Merry Christmas to you all!