What Are Your Retro Gaming Goals For 2019?

nosweargamer

Last year I wanted to clear out 100 titles from my library (didn't keep track of the number, but I did get rid of some) and better organize my collection (which isn't perfect, but I did).

This year I hope to make 100 new game review videos and clear out most of my duplicate games, systems and accessories.

EDIT: In order to have something more measurable, I've decided to try to get rid of at last 100 games, accessories and systems combined, as well as keep track of new stuff I get. In the end I want to have a net loss of 75.

What are your 2019 retro gaming goals? 

My Goal Tracker

Games Reviewed in 2019

1. Radical Rex - Sega CD
  2. Planet Patrol - 2600
  3. John Madden CE - Gen
  4. Crackpots - 2600
  5. Beamrider - 2600
  6. Namco Classics Pnp
  7. Beamrider - Inty
  8. Asteroids Mini Arcade
  9. WWF SCC Pnp
  10. Galaga Mini Arcade
  11. Dig Dug Min Arcade
  12. Midway Classics Pnp
  13. Madden 94 - Gen
  14. Pac-Man Mini Arcade
  15. Wrestlemania - 32x
  16. Madden 95 - Gen
  17. Cosmic Corridor - 2600
  18. Madden 96 - Gen
  19. Ms. Pac-Man Mini Arcade
  20. Tron Deadly Discs - Inty
  21. Dig Dug - Inty
  22. Star Wars Arcade - 2600
  23. Tapper - 2600
  24. Superman - 2600
  25. Chuck Wagon - 2600
  26. Math Fun - Inty
  27. Basic Math - 2600

Games/Accessories/Systems I got rid of

1. Centipede Mini Arcade
  2. Frogger Mini Arcade
  3. Ballblazer 7800
  4. Disaster 2600
  5. Galaga 7800
  6. Xevious 7800
  7. Ms. Pac Man 7800
  8. Dig Dug 7800
  9. Jinks 7800
  10. Cloudy Mountain Inty
  11. Lock n Chase Inty
  12. Beamrider 2600
  13. Star Wars Arcade 2600
  14. Double Dragon 2600
  15. Tapper 2600
  16. Fatal Run 7800
  17. Galaga Mini Arcade
  18. Spitfire Attack 2600
  19. Dig Dug Mini Arcade
  20. Donkey Kong 7800
  21. Star Strike Inty
  22. Turbo Inty
  23. Desert Falcon 7800
  24. Outer Space 2600
  25. Planet Patrol 2600
  26. Asteroids 7800
  27. Chip Shot inty

Games/Accessories/Systems I gained

1. Super Pro Decathlon Inty CIB
  2. Chase the Chuck Wagon 2600
  3. Mortal Kombat II 32x
  4. Ms. Pac-Man Mini Arcade
  5. Q-bert Mini Arcade
  6. Time Warp 2600
  7. USA Basketball Gen
  8. NBA Live 98 Gen
  9. Budokan Gen
  10. Super Off Road NES
  11. Pac-Man Mini Arcade
  12. Vortex SNES
  13. NBA Showdown 94 Gen
  14. Retro Mini Arcade
Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Well, I have a Super NES I would like to get completed (controllers and a game or two).  As soon as I get that ST issue solved I'll want to track down some physical games for it.  And since I packed away systems I don't use as often with their games I did make some shelf room, so I thought.  I got GTA V for 360 for Christmas and I found all three Mass Effect games, also for 360, yesterday at Game Stop for very little.  Tried to put them on the shelf with the other 360 games and, yea, didn't work as well as I thought.

So, it all depends for me.  ST games are costly but I wouldn't mind a few official physical copies.  Being able to play the SNES again would be wonderful.  360 games are getting cheap at Game Stop plus I'd like to add a PS3 to the arsenal...last machine I am after.  I will most likely stick with 360 games this year.

Same as last year:

• Sell what I don't use.  I made pretty good progress in this area in 2018.  Sold off several systems, some extra TV's, a bunch of games.  My sale plans for 2019 include a couple of modded 2600's, an Atari 800, a Rana disk drive, a bunch of handheld games (Entex Pac Man 2 for example).  I want to also get rid of a lot of my Intellivision collection and a Mattel Aquarius.  Anyone interested in these or maybe something else that I may have, please let me know.
  • Buy less, play more. 

For 2018, I did accomplish a decent Wii collection.  From December 2017 til December this year, I picked up over 30 games for the Wii.  Only a few were horrible, the rest were good.  Metroid Other M, Twilight Princess, 2 My Sims titles, and Animal Crossing top the list.  As mentioned, 2019 will most likely be concentrating on budget 360 games unless a PS3 is acquired...then it might shift to both 360 and PS3 titles.  Those games seem to be a dime a dozen these days.  Wii games are starting to increase in my area.

6 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

tenor.gif.736f1b35739a95072ef2f47bf26b246f.gif

ya, i enjoy making vids, it allows me to be creative and share my passion for my hobbies.  unfortunately I am a troll magnet, so far I have blocked at least 500 accounts on youtube, a little under that on my facebook pages.   Seems the more happy your are, the more others want to drag you down and harrass you.  I have had some make spoof accounts trying to imitate my relatives to get at me and also friends youtube identitys.  There are a lot of sick people out there, if I did not have so many I cared about I would say its about time for another Flood or another killer asteroid and reset the planet :P

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

35 minutes ago, Willie! said:

ya, i enjoy making vids, it allows me to be creative and share my passion for my hobbies.  unfortunately I am a troll magnet, so far I have blocked at least 500 accounts on youtube, a little under that on my facebook pages.   Seems the more happy your are, the more others want to drag you down and harrass you.  I have had some make spoof accounts trying to imitate my relatives to get at me and also friends youtube identitys.  There are a lot of sick people out there, if I did not have so many I cared about I would say its about time for another Flood or another killer asteroid and reset the planet :P

Yeah, the trolls are awful. It's really sad that so many people online get kicks out of harassing people online while hiding like cowards behind their usernames.

This is also why some people just disable comments on their videos. It's sad when it gets that bad, but understandable.

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

Yep, I have all my comments held for review now when I post vids.  That way they trolls dont get instant satisfaction of their posts showing up before I can delete them :)  Its a little more labor intensive, but the troll comments have started to drop off since I started doing that.

My Youtube Channel Arcade USA! - https://www.youtube.com/user/SVT512

3 hours ago, Willie! said:

Yep, I have all my comments held for review now when I post vids.  That way they trolls dont get instant satisfaction of their posts showing up before I can delete them :)  Its a little more labor intensive, but the troll comments have started to drop off since I started doing that.

I do the same thing, or turn comments off. Good strategy Willie. If people want to have a conversation I send them here.

As for goals, I haven't really had any for a few years now. I'll be getting the Phoenix this year so I'm on a bit of a Colecovision run right now. I've been getting more into building and using older DOS based 386, 486, or Pentium 1 PC's. Currently waiting for an IDE to SD card adapter because I'm not having any luck with 30+ year old IDE drives working properly. Bad sectors seem to be multiplying

Other than that it's probably homebrews, mostly for the Atari systems but I'd buy them for any system I own if they're good games and if they're arcade ports, especially ones never released or woefully underrepresented on classic consoles then I'm definitely on board. And probably a few PS4 games. There's a new Star Wars and I believe Crash Racing coming out this year so I'll be getting those and a few others. Can't seem to find Atari Classics Flashback 3 for the PS4 in physical copy here in Canada which is weird. No one has any of the 3 volumes actually.

Also may spend some money building up my Steam and GOG library. Some great stuff there. Love those big sales they have :)

On 12/31/2018 at 5:49 PM, RickR said:

Same as last year:

• Sell what I don't use.  I made pretty good progress in this area in 2018.  Sold off several systems, some extra TV's, a bunch of games.  My sale plans for 2019 include a couple of modded 2600's, an Atari 800, a Rana disk drive, a bunch of handheld games (Entex Pac Man 2 for example).  I want to also get rid of a lot of my Intellivision collection and a Mattel Aquarius.  Anyone interested in these or maybe something else that I may have, please let me know.
  • Buy less, play more. 

I'd be interested in your Intellivision stuff, man. I'm still trying to build my collection.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!" -Smash T.V.

My main goal for 2019 is to repair and sell/gift several 2600s in the garage. I'm moving them from my house - which is being sold as part of my divorce - to my apartment and I just don't have the room.  

Other than that, I want to try and play through a game a month after everything settles. 

55 minutes ago, atarilbc said:

My main goal for 2019 is to repair and sell/gift several 2600s in the garage. I'm moving them from my house - which is being sold as part of my divorce - to my apartment and I just don't have the room.  

Other than that, I want to try and play through a game a month after everything settles. 

I can give one a home.  I already have a 4-switch woody.  If you have a Vader unit, working or not, I'd be interested.  I can fix whatever is broken or not working.  How many 2600's do you have (not being nosy but curious and you don't have to answer if you don't want to)?

I know, man, divorces suck.  Been through one.  Lost practically everything but it was a turning point where I managed to better myself if that makes sense.  Some times good things can come out of bad situations.  

10 hours ago, atarilbc said:

@atarilbc Do you happen to have a minty-looking VCS? Say, one that might be close to picture-perfect for posing in photography for a nice Atari website? Asking for a friend 😉

23 hours ago, Justin said:

@atarilbc Do you happen to have a minty-looking VCS? Say, one that might be close to picture-perfect for posing in photography for a nice Atari website? Asking for a friend 😉

I'll take some photos when I bring them over here and get them sorted.  There are a few four switch Woody consoles, a Vader or two, a Jr. and maybe a light sixer. Probably eight in total. I would happily send one for the site. 

11 hours ago, atarilbc said:

I'll take some photos when I bring them over here and get them sorted.  There are a few four switch Woody consoles, a Vader or two, a Jr. and maybe a light sixer. Probably eight in total. I would happily send one for the site. 

Thank you @atarilbc! Maybe I'll buy a few of those from you if things work out that way. :atari_2600: