Squad Challenge - Beamrider (Intellivision)

Justin

13 hours ago, RickR said:

OMG, this is one of the best games on the system IMO. 

I'm glad you picked up on this Rick! I thought so too! This is absolutely one of my highest goals with High Score Squad, a curated mix of classics that gives us a chance to discover new games for these classic systems that are really very good that we may not have picked up before, and give us a reason to pull out and also enjoy the "pillar" games that have become the killer apps on each of these systems.

It's fun to dig up these gems and go "You know what, this is one of the best games on this system" I love hearing that.

45 minutes ago, RadioPoultry said:

Score: 34,810

With the assistance of a 16 oz. can of Orange Fanta. 

That'll do it! When I was a kid I was in Boy Scouts (2nd grade) and our Den Leader was my friend Tim's mom, so we'd end up over at Tim's house playing video games all Saturday morning. One of the other Dad's owned a McDonald's in town and sponsored us, usually with a cooler full of Orange Fanta. We always called it 'Bug Juice'. 🥤

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations RadioPoultry!

CHIRP CHIRP!! Congratulations to RadioPoultry on an excellent performance! This was our second High Score Squad Challenge for Intellivision and I think this game proved to be a lot of fun. It was great to see that all of you who could participate in an Intellivision Squad Challenge jumped in and shared your high scores! Way to go! RadioPoultry won the Squad Challenge with a high score of 34,810. nosweargamer came in with a score of 23,262, Atari Creep was right on NSG's tail with 21,624 and RickR flew in with 15,538. Congrats to everyone who played! And thank you for showing up for this event! I'd encourage RadioPoultry to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and maybe this Challenge can continue on! Note: I still have some cleaning up to do in the Scoreboard to make sure all scores are posted. If you've submitted a score, it will be there.

I'd also like to give a huge public THANK YOU to all of our members here who have been promoting High Score Squad and sharing our Squad Challenges in your content. I've enjoyed seeing No Swear Gamer include High Score Squad in his game reviews, and I've been tuning in lately to watch Atari Creep's live streams on Instagram where he's been playing Squad Challenges live for all of us to see. Please make sure to give these guys a follow on their various platforms. Very cool to see all of this happen and it really helps to get the word out about High Score Squad and bring new people into Atari I/O. To nosweargamer, Atari Creep, and anyone I may have missed, THANK YOU!! :wreck-it-ralph:

And don't forget we're changing things up in High Score Squad for 2019, adding new Squad Challenges for Lynx, SNES, Genesis, Master System, Atari ST, Jaguar, TurboGrafx-16, Intellivision, ColecoVision, and much much more, in addition to the usual lineup of video game systems that we normally play here, like Atari 2600, 7800 and NES. We may even have an Arcade challenge! Be ready to play all of these game systems, we'll be breaking new ground with more interesting Squad Challenges coming up very soon and throughout the year, and we hope to see you there. Way to go everybody!

BEAMRIDER FINAL STANDINGS

1   RADIOPOULTRY             34,810

2   NOSWEARGAMER         23,262

3   ATARI CREEP                 21,624

4   RICKR                              15,538

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif