Arcade USA

Willie!

On 4/25/2019 at 6:18 PM, TrekMD said:

I have to agree!  Always loved Galaga and the hacked version does make the game look better. 

@Willie! @TrekMD I grew up with Galaga on the 7800 and it was always one of my most favorite games. Whenever I'd meet another kid with a 7800 I would always say "you've got to get Galaga!" I never once thought or heard that the game was substandard until I got deeper into classic gaming. I always hear how the NES version is so much better. I never understood that. 7800 Galaga starts out a little slowed down but once you advance through the game it begins to speed up considerably. I'm REALLY liking this graphics hack that @nosweargamer turned you onto. Definitely makes some improvements to bring the game closer to the arcade.

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

I was in the same boat, @Justin.  It wasn't until years later that I learned that the game wasn't "as good" as the NES or other ports.  It plays fine as far as I'm concerned!

THANK YOU @TrekMD! I'm glad I'm not alone in feeling that way. When I first saw the 7800 I thought of it as being like the Neo-Geo of the mid-1980s. It knocked it out of the park with all of the arcade ports as far as I'm concerned. All of those first games were incredible. I particularly liked Food Fight.