Jump to content
Willie!

Arcade USA

Recommended Posts

I thought about entering the contest, but I ultimately decided to pass on it. Spend time with family. Visit the geese. Play some 7800. I already have the OG SNES, and would probably use that more anyways. It would look nice on a shelf, but I would rather have someone own it that would use it more. Plus, you can’t hook the mini up to a CRT!

Congratulations to @nosweargamer for finding all of the clues! Quite the detective, that NSG is! Hope you enjoy your new console!

This is a fun idea, @Willie!. I might make up my own contest someday. I have some 7800 games I need to get rid of. A contest might be fun for everyone here. What do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HDN said:

I thought about entering the contest, but I ultimately decided to pass on it. Spend time with family. Visit the geese. Play some 7800. I already have the OG SNES, and would probably use that more anyways. It would look nice on a shelf, but I would rather have someone own it that would use it more. Plus, you can’t hook the mini up to a CRT!

Congratulations to @nosweargamer for finding all of the clues! Quite the detective, that NSG is! Hope you enjoy your new console!

This is a fun idea, @Willie!. I might make up my own contest someday. I have some 7800 games I need to get rid of. A contest might be fun for everyone here. What do you guys think?

would be a cool thing to do for the holidays coming up 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Willie! said:

would be a cool thing to do for the holidays coming up 🙂

I was thinking maybe a series of unlisted YouTube videos posted in their own, dedicated I/O thread. Finding all of the clues in the videos. Maybe make four or so videos and post one a week. The contestants would have to find the hidden clues in the videos and put them together when the contest is over. Something that would last the whole season. I'd have to think about how I'd tackle this; I'm just spitballing here. I'll also have to get a way to pay for shipping. With my calculations, it would cost me about $7 for the games to be shipped.

I'm looking forward to paying forward the kind donation of 7800 games from @cjherr and the surprise bonus copy of GORF (which I recently learned is FROG spelled backwards) kindly sent to me by @chas10e when I bought some other games from him. It isn't much, but it's the most I can do at the moment.

It'd be a fun little contest I would think. Give it a nice, holiday theme. A few puzzles to solve, clues to find, games to win.

"The SwordQuest of Atari.io... with a prize worth a lot less!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, HDN said:

I was thinking maybe a series of unlisted YouTube videos posted in their own, dedicated I/O thread. Finding all of the clues in the videos. Maybe make four or so videos and post one a week. The contestants would have to find the hidden clues in the videos and put them together when the contest is over. Something that would last the whole season. I'd have to think about how I'd tackle this; I'm just spitballing here. I'll also have to get a way to pay for shipping. With my calculations, it would cost me about $7 for the games to be shipped.

I'm looking forward to paying forward the kind donation of 7800 games from @cjherr and the surprise bonus copy of GORF (which I recently learned is FROG spelled backwards) kindly sent to me by @chas10e when I bought some other games from him. It isn't much, but it's the most I can do at the moment.

It'd be a fun little contest I would think. Give it a nice, holiday theme. A few puzzles to solve, clues to find, games to win.

"The SwordQuest of Atari.io... with a prize worth a lot less!"

I did something like that some time ago as a contest using the actual swordquest comics 🙂  it was a lot of fun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willie, how do you have your DC connected up to your TV? Also I commented on your video in regards to the Now Loading and how long that actually takes? I was able to time it on my video capture and it is about 20sec thereabouts for the game to load up from my SSD through the MODE. All the other games I own through the MODE seem to load up at the same speed as they did originally or faster in most cases, but so wasn't sure if the load time on your video (Nearly instance it seems) is how it actually loads up through the GDEmu you have installed, or if you edited it? I'm assuming you edited it because I also didn't see the disclaimer about the game only be sold and used in Japan?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CrossBow said:

Willie, how do you have your DC connected up to your TV? Also I commented on your video in regards to the Now Loading and how long that actually takes? I was able to time it on my video capture and it is about 20sec thereabouts for the game to load up from my SSD through the MODE. All the other games I own through the MODE seem to load up at the same speed as they did originally or faster in most cases, but so wasn't sure if the load time on your video (Nearly instance it seems) is how it actually loads up through the GDEmu you have installed, or if you edited it? I'm assuming you edited it because I also didn't see the disclaimer about the game only be sold and used in Japan?

 

I edited it down, did not like having a long black screen.  I was not concerned about it being shown how it loaded, I was more into showing the gameplay.  I only showed the GDEMU to show that it was being loaded into a actual dreamcast and not some other emulator.   I just pointed my camera at the screen on this one, the capture device I had was giving me problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...