Spinner mod for Tempest 2000 :)

Willie!

i actually got to play Tempest 2000 with the spinner at last years Houston ArcadeExpo but the spinner was on the backside of the Jaguar Controller instead of the front. Still was fun!

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

here's what the controller looked like at the ArcadeExpo - the rotary wheel was on the back of the controller

controller_with_rotary_wheel_o.JPG?lgfp=

Brian Matherne - owner/curator of "The MOST comprehensive list of Atari VCS/2600 homebrews ever compiled." http://tiny.cc/Atari2600Homebrew

author of "The Atari 2600 Homebrew Companion" book series available on Amazon! www.amazon.com/author/brianmatherne

Here is Nick Persijn's rotary controller he sent me for the show.

There is info below the video on how to contact him. 

I've got his version with the knob down next to the keypad so the d-pad is still there, very comfortable and makes T2K much better, also great with Impulse X and Kobiashi Maru too! Though I used to have one made by JediJeff back in the day, which was it's own controller in a box, I still prefered it as it sat on your lap and the sensitivity was perfect like the arcade spinner, Nick's rotaries are too sensitive, less than half a turn and you go a full 360 degrees. Still good, but I often over "spin" and miss my mark on T2K. But, my scores still nearly double from 400/500,000 to 900,000 and a million compared to a Jag pad.

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Here is my version:post-878-0-67219800-1447895155.jpg

"Slugs, he created slugs?...Is this not the work of a complete incompetent? I would have started with Lasers, 8 o'clock, day one."-Evil (Time Bandits)

"...burn the land and boil the sea, but you can't take the sky from me..."-theme song (Firefly)

"I try to respect him, I really, really do, but he's just such a Smeg-head."-Lister (about Rimmer, Red Dwarf)

Archived