I finally got a TG-16!

RickR

14 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

Some of the games I would be after, namely Konami titles, are only on the PC Engine.  But either one.  I wouldn't be picky.  Lol.  They are just so expensive though.  

Bear in mind the Turbo EverDrive works on TurboGrafx-16 AND PC Engine systems, allowing you to flip between regions and play all games. There are also card adapters available to play PC Engine HuCards on TurboGrafx-16 systems and vice versa. Collect your passion and do what you think is best for you 😎

Okay I own both an NA TG-16 and my JPN TurboDUO. I naturally use the Duo since I can play pretty much everything on it. If you want to get good composite and left/right stereo without a ton of money (Turbo Boosters are damn pricey people!!!), then Might I suggest this route?

Although currently out of stock... but I would check with them from time to time to see about getting one.

https://console5.com/store/av-adapter-cable-module-for-nec-turbografx-16-tg16.html

Also there is a member on the FB group who goes by MuhMullet I beleive? He created an RGB amp board you can use to plug into the back of any TG-16 or PCE to get RGB out for a crazy low price as well. He also includes the SCART cable to make sure you get one that works properly. 

But because I never take my TG-16 out of its hard shell case and only use the DUO, I don't use these options myself. I actually added in standard RCAs to the back of my DUO for stereo audio and composite, and wired in an S-video circuit. That is how I play and am honestly quite pleased with the results. But I do have to say that the composite on the TG-16 and PCE is some of the best I've seen from a classic console of that era. 

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

5 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

Also there is a member on the FB group who goes by MuhMullet I beleive? He created an RGB amp board you can use to plug into the back of any TG-16 or PCE to get RGB out for a crazy low price as well. He also includes the SCART cable to make sure you get one that works properly.

Do you happen to know the name of the Facebook group?

Wanted to update this. I got word from MuhMullet that he is nearly out of these boards and isn't sure he will make more due to I guess a lack of interest in them? But it also appears he increased the costs a bit which is why I hadn't bitten on getting a second one of these for myself just yet. I do like the fact he includes the SCART cable so that there aren't any issues there. As to be honest I've tried 2 different model 2 Genesis/Megadrive cables with the board I have and cannot get it to look right. I either get no picture unless I make some crazy modified adjustements to the OSSC or I get a great picture but missing the color green?! I don't think it is the board as the guy making them stated he advises a plain SCART cable that doesn't have anything inside the connecto aside from a cap for the audio output line. Pretty much ever cable I've purchased (SCART anyway), has some PCB or other added components inside them to make them work and look the best on the actual hardware it was designed to be used with.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections