Shining Force

greenween

The Shining Force series for Sega Genesis may very well be my favorite Sega game of all time. Easily my favorite rpg. Great characters with a decent story. The gameplay and character advancement are what make it for me. Anyone else ever play this??

post-31-0-51644200-1428813024.jpg

"Better to be king for a night than schmuck for a lifetime."

When my now wife and I first began dating, she would come over and play this with me. I had the Sega Channel(that's a whole different thread), date night was Chinese food and Shining Force, we would take turns on each encounter. I have all 3 of the Genesis games complete w/ boxes! Thanks Yo-Yo, I knew there had to be at least one!!!

So I just purchased "Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection" for the PS3 and it is incredible!! All your Sonic's, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Shinobi,  Comix Zone, etc. The greatest selling point?? All 3 Shining Force games!! Worth every penny just for those .I always prefer the real thing, but this is a great addition to your PS3 collection!

Can't believe I missed this thread about one of my favorite RPGs on the Genesis!     I LOVE Shining Force 1&2, and Shining in the Darkness (is that related?)

If it wasn't for Shadowrun for Sega Genesis, I might put this as my favorite Sega Genesis RPG.   Shadowrun has those dang maxtrix runs that are just too dang fun and Tron-esque for it not to be my favorite.

"For you - Rowsdower from the 70 - have been appointed Omnivisioner of the Game Grid."  ~ Atari Adventure Square

That's awesome Row! I was counting Shining in the Darkness, it was first. I never played Shining Force 3 Lost Dragon, almost bought a Saturn just for that purpose!! Thanks for the info.

Archived