Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Atari 5200 Guy

Kamakazi's Gaming Extravaganza

Recommended Posts

Played a XBOX 360 Indie game today called MotorHEAT.  This game reminds me of Activision's Enduro.

On a side note, the video capture device I picked up last year came with some software I was using only to capture game play.  I just learned today that it does a LOT more than just capture video.  So, I played around with it by adding some text and image layers at the 3 & 4 minute marks.  I also added some during the second round of game play but can't remember the time mark.  And between the round 2 and round 3 sections I added a little something old school just for fun.  I'm going to try to figure out how to layer a smaller video of me playing the game with commentary on top of the game play videos.

I would appreciate it if those watching these would watch the video at least until the 3rd round starts to see the effects and added material for feedback/suggestions.  Otherwise, enjoy the video.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finally figured out a rough draft of a new logo for my channel...hopefully.  I love the 1980's, and that era was full of glowing neon and neon colors.  Probably something we will never see again.  Some color combinations were wack while others worked well together.  So my love for 1980's styling combined with inspiration from the colors used in the Saint's Row series, I think I have at least the starts of new design.

1167545376_Kamakazis-Title.png.e90d022b2f78ac52ee4e0b7ec3852f9e.png

It's transparent so anything behind it can still be seen.  Feedback and suggestions are always welcomed.  I'm not quite where I want to be in my YouTube creations but I have a pretty good start. I have no plan to animate the logo at present.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A new series has started!

We have been playing this game for a while now and just decided to continue where we left off instead of just starting from scratch.  Too much work goes into this game and most items are so rare that they may never be acquired again.  Enjoy the video!  It's lengthy and unedited so there are spots where we took a break and I didn't edit those out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some new episodes have started and more are scheduled centered around PC games from Steam.  The schedule is below.  No commentary yet but are being planned soon.

  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- Every Saturday
  • America Truck Simulator -- Every Sunday starting February 2020
  • Car Mechanic Simulator 2015 -- Every Wednesday

These are all I have planned for the moment.  I hope you enjoy them.  If there is a game you would like to see be sure to leave a comment.  As always feedback is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been studying how my videos are doing on YouTube.  All of my videos, except for 3, barely make 50 views.  Those videos include the game play videos on older consoles, modern consoles, and computer games including the trucking simulator games.  What surprises me are the two videos with the most watches.  Both are on the Wii.  Monster Truck Mayhem on my channel has the most views at 4.2k, second is the Family Fun Football at 999 views, and my 3rd one is me playing Star Raiders on my 5200 on Pilot Mission.  It's over 1,000 views. 

I'm trying to understand my viewers so I can create videos that interests them.  My channel, however, is also for doing videos for high scores.  It's my proof-positive for scores I make.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

I've been studying how my videos are doing on YouTube.  All of my videos, except for 3, barely make 50 views.  Those videos include the game play videos on older consoles, modern consoles, and computer games including the trucking simulator games.  What surprises me are the two videos with the most watches.  Both are on the Wii.  Monster Truck Mayhem on my channel has the most views at 4.2k, second is the Family Fun Football at 999 views, and my 3rd one is me playing Star Raiders on my 5200 on Pilot Mission.  It's over 1,000 views. 

I'm trying to understand my viewers so I can create videos that interests them.  My channel, however, is also for doing videos for high scores.  It's my proof-positive for scores I make.  

I’ll check out your channel once I’m done working (from home!) today. I’m interested in the truck videos and I haven’t played the monster truck game on wii in FOREVER so it’ll be fun to watch. 😌

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Gianna said:

I watched a few of your videos, and they were cool and fun to watch! I enjoy watching someone else play games, especially (like I said above) the Monster Truck one as I haven't played that in so long. 

Thank you for the compliments.  I'll just keep doing what I'm doing, then. 

My wife gifted me a Wii for Christmas a couple of years ago along with Speed which ended up becoming a favorite.  I would visit GameStop anytime I had about $5 in my pocket because some Wii games were $3.00 or less.  I found that monster truck game for $1.99 complete in box.  It became a favorite as well.  The video I took of it was only my second time playing it.  I play these most often when I want some Wii game time.

Edited by kamakazi20012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gamestop does have some good cheap games, especially older ones! I found one for my DS once that was $5 and used, and on ebay was going for like $25 used. I would love to get another Wii, I used to love Wii Fit and I have been really wanting to play it lately. I haven't looked much, but from what I saw finding a Wii now is difficult, and they can be very pricey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Gianna said:

Omg! I thought they'd be like $300! LOL clearly I haven't done much research. Thank you! I might just get one!

$300 for a Wii?!?  Where do you go shopping? I don't want to visit that store with those kind of prices.  🤣  That's why I seriously try to avoid EBAY and Amazon for used gaming hardware and games because there are too many price gouging people on those sites.  I'm not saying all of them are but I bet there are a few.

At least with GameStop you can order a product, try it out, and if you are not satisfied with the condition of something you can return it to a local store, explain your situation, and they will usually replace it with one better or issue a refund.  As for games from GameStop, check 'em in store before you buy them.  I've received a few heavily scratched discs before that would not play at all.  You can always ask to see the disc before you buy it in the stores.  That only works in-store though...it doesn't work online.  Ordering games from GameStop online is about like getting a box of chocolates.    

That's part of what Atari I/O is here for...to help one another.  If you ever want to add a new console to your arsenal of gaming gear just ask here on the forums.  I know I'll help at least locate something.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gianna said:

Omg! I thought they'd be like $300! LOL clearly I haven't done much research. Thank you! I might just get one!

I think what you were looking at were brand new ones in the box on Amazon or something, with the prices jacked up. The Wiis on Gamestop are reconditioned, which mean they are used. I think that's a decent deal.

1 hour ago, kamakazi20012 said:

That's part of what Atari I/O is here for...to help one another.  If you ever want to add a new console to your arsenal of gaming gear just ask here on the forums.  I know I'll help at least locate something.

Agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To bring everyone up to speed, this is the game @Gianna was saying she enjoyed watching and haven't played in a long time.  This is the only video upload I've made to reach over 4,000 likes.  

This is a long play video, from start to finish.  A very fun game actually and a great way to kill (or waste) about an hour's worth of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gianna said:

Gamestop does have some good cheap games, especially older ones! I found one for my DS once that was $5 and used, and on ebay was going for like $25 used. I would love to get another Wii, I used to love Wii Fit and I have been really wanting to play it lately. I haven't looked much, but from what I saw finding a Wii now is difficult, and they can be very pricey. 

The really cool thing about the Wii is that games are super cheap and easy to find in thrift stores.  Well, assuming they will ever re-open thrift stores again. 

Edited by RickR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RickR said:

$60 for a complete console with a controller and the ability to return it if it doesn't work is a great price! 

I don't know about other GameStop stores but ours has always opened up the boxes of used consoles I've bought so I can check the contents before I buy.  I've checked controllers for how the feel paying close attention to analog sticks, consoles for amount of scratches, nicks, bangs, missing parts, dust, etc. If I'm not happy I look at another.  So, yea, $60 for a console is not bad at all.  Just be sure to get a couple of games for it.  Also, Wii no longer has online abilities which is a shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

  Also, Wii no longer has online abilities which is a shame.

I found this out recently.  I mean it's usually not a big deal but...those of you that I'm friends with on Facebook know I've had a golf game itch lately and I've been playing a lot of different games on different systems.  Well, I have Tiger Woods 11 on Wii.  The game is excellent.  It's fun and it has beautiful graphics.  But there is one annoyance.  Every time you start a game, it tries to go on-line and find the weather for that course.  It takes several minutes for it to finally figure out there is no response from wherever it is looking, and there is no way to escape (that I've found). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2020 at 10:02 AM, RickR said:

I found this out recently.  I mean it's usually not a big deal but...those of you that I'm friends with on Facebook know I've had a golf game itch lately and I've been playing a lot of different games on different systems.  Well, I have Tiger Woods 11 on Wii.  The game is excellent.  It's fun and it has beautiful graphics.  But there is one annoyance.  Every time you start a game, it tries to go on-line and find the weather for that course.  It takes several minutes for it to finally figure out there is no response from wherever it is looking, and there is no way to escape (that I've found). 

I used to my Wii to watch Netflix shows when my wife was watching something I had no interest in.  When Nintendo took Wii of the grid Netflix stopped working as well.

As a standalone game console for local gaming action it really is a fun little console.  It's probably the smallest console I have in my collection.  Nope...second smallest.  I forgot about the NES Mini.  There's a LOT of interesting games on the Wii that are exclusive to that console.  Sega's Conduit games, Metroid: Other M, Animal Crossing City Folk, Super Mario Galaxy, and even Super Mario Bros. Wii all bring some classic action to the little guy.  I'd like to try a Wii U sometime.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After a lot of consideration my channel is, yet again, getting a name change.  But this one will be the final one.  I'm changing it to just Kamakazi's World.  I want to share other things that interest me besides gaming.  It has taken me a long time to figure out what all I would like to do with my channel.  Finding time to do any videos has not been an easy task with just video games.  So in order to expand to include anything I take interest in might prove to be a bit better.  To make the transition...ALL current videos will be taken down.  I am starting completely over with a new concept and content in mind.  This way I can do:

  • Video game play videos
  • Video game reviews
  • Talk about music formats and hardware
  • Reviews on music formats and hardware
  • General technology
  • General technology repairs and upkeep

I'm hoping that the switch will offer better content with my target audience not being limited to just video games.  I also don't want to limit myself to age groups as my target audience, young or old, might find something entertaining/educational from my videos.

Some current videos will be up until close to Christmas but I am already starting the process of removing videos that have not done anything.  This will give me time to redesign graphic and video assets for the new channel.  My opening theme I used before is being redone with the help of an Atari ST and Casio keyboard.  I'm looking forward to the change.

Thank you all for subscribing and I hope you will enjoy the new content coming.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...