Jeopardy

StormSurge

Is anyone else besides me swept up in James-mania?

In case you haven't heard, the current champ is obliterating the Jeopardy record books. After 9 games, he already owns the top 3 single day earnings records.

He's a machine.

Ken Jennings holds the total earnings record in 74 games. James is on pace to break that record somewhere in the 20 game range.

It's like Jordan, Tiger & Ruth in their primes, all rolled into one.

Here's the first time he broke it (he's done it two more times & I have a feeling he's not done yet):

He's now up to 11 wins. Some stats:

• He owns 5 of the Top 7 highest single game winnings in the show's history. (The previous high of $77,000 stood for nearly 10 years.)
  • According to the Jeopardy Hall of Fame, only five other contestants won more money in their regular-season runs than Holzhauer has won in his last THREE games.
  • In terms of a "perfect" show (no incorrect responses), he has the two best rounds ever. 40 for 40 & 39 for 39. The previous record was 35 for 35.

The games aren't very competitive but they are fun to watch.

That was an impressive attempt by Adam! 

The match before yesterday's, James didn't have a chance at any Daily Double. He survived both attempts. He's going to be very tough to take down.

As for the runner-ups keeping their money, I thought the same thing. Then I read about the reason why they only give $2,000 for second & $1,000 for third. If players were allowed to keep their money, they wouldn't wager as much. Contestants would end up playing it safe with guessing and bidding on Daily Doubles & Final Jeopardy. It would make for a boring game.

Why Does Only The Winner Keep The Cash?