AgaCart - New SD Multicart for Atari Lynx

TrekMD

Rafał Jankowski has announced he will be releasing a new multicart for the Atari Lynx called the AgaCart.  The AgaCart will use an SD cart for storing ROM files. You choose the games using buttons on the back of the cartridge.  The Cart supports 256k and 512k games in .lyx format, 128k files need to be converted to 256k. The maximum number of files is 199.

hqX6QPH.jpg

Rafał Jankowski has released already a 48-in-1 Lynx multicart in the past, so he has experience with this type of project and this is essentially an updated version of his previous multicart.  

mmYjkeO.jpg

For those interested, the AgaCart can already be ordered by contacting Rafał at the Polish Atari Forums.  He plans to start a thread for taking orders on Atari Age as well.  If you're curious about the technical details, check out the thread at the Polish Atari Forum.

GRQrWwO.jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

The design is really cool.  I like that the micro SD card goes into the side.  He lists the price in the thread I linked to but I guess once a thread is started in Atari Age we may get better details.  The price he lists is 220 PLN, which is about $57 US for the cart itself.

3 hours ago, BlackCatz40 said:

That is a cool item. Is it just as good as the SD cartridge that SainT makes from RetroHQ? I assume it is basically the same, isn't it?

In principle it is the same thing as the RetoHQ.  The design is a bit different but they both do the same thing. 

I did get a reply today and paid using Paypal.  I hope I did it correctly. Looking forward to getting that cart.  I understand from CrossBow's video that it should take 2 weeks or so.

THANKS for pointing me in the right direction!

22 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

It sure is!  There's an update to the BIOS of the cart with some improvements that got posted in AA.

Is there a way to know what BIOS currently in place?  I need to take the micro-SD card out and make a backup...I'll bet the BIOS file in use is probably on there.