Star Trek: Picard

TrekMD

2 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

Still enjoying it two episodes in. I wish there were more John de Lancie...

Agree!  Ep2 was really good, but needed more Q.  Still, it's quite an adventure.  Of all the new characters, I like Elnor the best.  That naive/ass-kicker combo is pretty entertaining IMO. 

2 hours ago, Sabertooth said:

They really do keep Reno in reserve, don't they? 

Yes.  My guess is the writers probably feel she's too "one note" of a character.  But I think she brings a lot to the table. 

Episode three is titled "Assimilation".  Who knows where this will go, but a co-worker is suggesting that Dr. Agnes Jurati might have something to do with being the Borg Queen and that an action of Picard is what "made the Borg".  I don't think Jurati looks anything like the queen, but am keeping an open mind about Borg Origins.

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

17 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

If I didn't have to be up early for work, I'd do the same! 

Yeah, I'm just lucky I guess, I had today off, and I have tomorrow as well.  In fact the only things I have to do tomorrow is get my car washed and go grocery shopping.  So I'll probably watch episode three twice. 😉

Lucky.PNG.8edd7b849a2b4a6a41c45cf797243ac2.PNG

Edited by - Ω -

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

Well, this episode was just so-so for me.  If anything if felt like a "filler" episode, you know the kind that really contribute nothing, but just keep the plot going with one, of what I'm sure will be many setbacks, until the 10th episode where they will reign victorious. 

<<< My YouTube Page >>>

My wife and I watched the Season 4 finale for ST:Discovery.  We'll watch Picard tonight or this weekend.

The Discovery finale was good!  I won't post any spoilers.  But they resolved everything in a very old-school Star Trek way.  A few leaps of faith in the plot.  And I'm so happy that @TrekMD was right!  The most amazing thing about new Trek to me is the production values.  The scenes of Earth are the the most cool and realistic we've ever seen (who remembers the missing New Zealand in ST:First Contact?).  Anyhoo, the last two episodes form a really strong finish. 

OK, I'm finally caught up.  Picard #3 was watched last night. 

<SPOILER ALERT> read at your own risk if you haven't watched yet.

I liked episode 3! 

• It had a lot of borrowing from Star Trek IV.  The sling-shot effect looked good and they didn't overdo it.
  • I love Raffi's rage. 
  • Rios is in deep ca-ca
  • Seven's subtle changes. 
  • The Borg Queen is so sinister!

Overall, very suspenseful.  I'm looking forward to episode 4

Edited by RickR

I was mixed on the Discovery finale. Without getting into spoiler territory, the mission was pure Trek and that was great to see. The way they wrapped everything up at the end was a little too neat for my tastes.  And agree the President reveal was pretty cool!

I love where Picard is taking things. I'm waiting for someone to throw in a good ole "Well double dumbass on you!"

Edited by Sabertooth

5 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

The way they wrapped everything up at the end was a little too neat for my tastes.

I agree!  A way-too-happy ending.  But I think they did this on purpose.  Kind of like how Ted Lasso was so popular for being very positive during a dark time for most people, I think Disco season 4 took on this same approach.  A show for modern times.  We saw it over and over:  "We can do this", "It's ok to be a bit broken", "Let's talk about it".  It will be interesting to watch this again in 10 years to see how it holds up.