Vacation Photos

RickR

Justin
This post was recognized by Justin!

"Shared your travel adventures!"

RickR was awarded the badge 'Well Traveled' and 5 points.

I'm sharing a few pictures from a road trip to Seattle, which is about 150 miles north of my home in Portland.  We went to visit our second son, who is attending school up there.

We visited a thriving mall (SouthCenter) that had an actual open Sears, and a crazy Japanese store that sold really cool t-shirts (I got a Super Mario shirt).

Downtown Seattle is built on a steep hill, and to explore, you'll go up and down TONS of stairs.  Stairs, stairs, and more stairs.  That leaves you with a guaranteed souvenir:  sore legs.  But it's clean air and good exercise!  We saw a Pixar orchestra concert, which was sweet.  Cruise ships and tall buildings galore.  What a beautiful place. 

Seattle 001.JPG

Seattle 003.JPG

Seattle 006.JPG

Seattle 010.JPG

Seattle 012.JPG

Seattle 015.JPG

Seattle 016.JPG

Seattle 018.JPG

Seattle 019.JPG

Seattle 020.JPG

Seattle 025.JPG

Seattle 032.JPG

Edited by RickR

Those are really cool pictures.  Sears?  Still in business???  That's a treasure find in itself.  I've never left the midwest but for some reason some of the areas you took pictures of look familiar to me.  I know there's a Ferris Wheel in GTA IV and V but I think those areas were based on California and Nevada areas.  I could be wrong.  Still would be nice to see.  I have family in Washington state but I have no clue where these days.

VERY COOL photos @RickR!! I thought the "Pixar In Concert" photo was especially cool :wreck-it-ralph: I love when others share photos of their vacations, road trips etc. with us and take us along on their adventures! We're a smaller community here and cool things like this help us get to know each other better. I hope you had a fun time and enjoyed time with your son ☺️

22 minutes ago, socrates63 said:

Nice! I need to visit the hometown more often. I'm always interested in what people outside of Seattle think of the city and why. Learning to be a tourist in your own city is probably good idea and will help you better appreciate what you have and where you're at.

Seattle is fantastic!  We have visited many times.  Not just due to our kid in college, but also because it's at the midpoint between us and my MIL in Vancouver BC.  Over the last 25 years, we have done many "meet Grandma in Seattle" trips. 

Favorites:  Walking and exploring downtown, the air museum, going to Seattle Mariner games, taking tours of the football stadium, the science museum (actually that whole "Seattle Center" area with the Space Needle, Chilhuly and MOPOP museum), Dick's Burgers, etc, etc, etc. 

I've done all those things in town but never with the excitement I'm feeling from you, Rick 🙂.

After seeing your posts, I'm thinking of heading to Southcenter Mall this weekend. We've driven around the mall many times and have gone to restaurants in the area, but I haven't stepped inside the mall itself in like forever. As a kid living in south Seattle, I often rode my bike there during summer breaks. It's a miracle that I'm still alive and didn't get run over riding my bike on the shoulder of the road 🙂