Two Classic Portable Audio gadgets I found.

MaximumRD

😎Two great examples of classic portable audio devices sitting on the top inside a recycle bin today. 😮Wow, a Sony Walkman like I briefly had back in the day and a portable CD PLAYER by TDK, man I am old to remember how cool these would of been to own at retail release.🤔😉🍻 Might do a video about them.

61181863_10157525133863109_3562621706415636480_o.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

It's kind of funny -- the CD player is a great model because it also reads MP3's.  It sounds great and is very versatile...yet it may never have any value. 

The Walkman, though -- you may have good luck selling that on ebay if you wish (and it works).  Those things sound awful by today's standards, yet the Sony brand makes them have a lot of value still. 

Crazy. 

If that's an old MP3 player in the background -- just an idea.  I have one similar, and I loaded it up with the WAV files for the Supercharger.  Instead of tapes, I just use that MP3 player.  Works perfectly.  Although I do realize it's a lot easier just to use a Harmony cart -- sometimes realism wins out.

4 hours ago, RickR said:

player in the background -- just an idea.  I have one similar, and I loaded it up with the WAV files for the Supercharger.  Instead of tapes, I just use that MP3 player.  Works perfectly.  Although I do realize it's a lot easier just to use a Harmony cart -- sometimes realism wins out.

Fortunately I have a Harmony cart, that isn't an MP3 Player, it's a...get this....one of two extensions for our LANDLINE telephone, yep we do not have cell phones of any type and still use cordless home landline phones, though it is powered through our SHAW Cable Internet. I mean I do TECHNICALLY have an old iPhone 4 I phone some weeks back but literally use it as just an basic iPOD for the apps on WiFi, the SIM card has no service attached to it, I only keep it in there so there is no NO SIM CARD message lol.  But between a home landline and devices with internet apps, facetime and messenger that is about all the communications we need 😆I like knowing when we go out or to an event or just get away from home the RARE phone call we might get (I think we average 2 a month between the two of us) can wait as a message to respond to at our convenience when we get back home. It's funny because the world tried to ignore you if you don't have some kind of cellphone, like activating or verifying services always wants to "Text" your cell, less and less there are options to call a landline instead, so I guess we are hold outs in the cellphone revolution but I am OK with that. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Oops, my bad.  Now that you say that, I can see that it's a phone.

We have a for-real land line.  Not powered through the internet.  A real analog phone line.  It's my wife's fault.  She won't let me cancel it.  Our internet can be pretty unreliable, so there's that.  Plus, I think it's right around $15 per month, so no big deal.