Storms Giveaway 2 Haul!!!

Atari Creep

Hey guys. Here is a sneak peek to all I got in the give away @StormSurge recently did in support of his Extra Life campaign. Figured I would start a new topic to give everyone that participated a place to show off their haul. Thanks you so much Storm, and all the best luck in your cause brother!!!!!

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

Awesome stuff, Creeper!  That memory card is a 251...it will hold lots of stuff.  I'm using a 59 block memory card which Animal Crossing hogs the whole thing.  Depending on the kinds of games you like to play GameCube has some decent titles.  I'd keep an eye out for Metroid Prime, F-Zero (Sega made it!), and for a relaxing game, if you come across it, keep an eye out for Harvest Moon Magical Melody.  You can do a lot in that game at your own pace.  Need for Speed Most Wanted is not bad but the graphics look too Playstation-ish for my tastes.  NFS Carbon rocks on that console!  Let's see, that's an adventure game, racing games, strategy game...you need something arcade-ish.  I believe Namco did a museum compilation for it.  Platforms?  I have not played any of the Mario games except for Paper Mario which was really cool.  Zelda, of course, is on that console in many flavors.  You might find the Intellivision Lives compilation on that system as well.  Super Monkey Ball is odd but fun but I would recommend the Super Monkey Ball 2.  It has more mini-games on it.  If you can't find any local their are online options at least.  GameCube games, however, are rising in value so any you find in the wild fairly cheap I would grab them up even if it would give you a duplicate or two.  Duplicates you can use to trade or sell to help advance your GC collection. And those controllers, if they are original Nintendo GC controllers, are hard to destroy.  

It's OK StormSurge.  It would be hard to do notes for all of them.  I still have the notes you sent me when I modded your VCS.  They are in a lock box to stay safe.  Mine should be here on Monday (fingers crossed) provided Missouri doesn't get washed off the freakin' map.

Edited by kamakazi20012

Awesome stuff, Control Issues.  I'm not a huge fan of Halo either.  I'm more of a Borderlands person.  My wife and I play that game religiously.  Sports titles?  Naa...but I do enjoy a good game of Tennis and Virtua Tennis (DC) and RS Tennis (2600 & 5200) are good games.  I've recently been enjoying Rocket League and is probably the only sports game that I can say is a LOT of fun.  I just can't pull off the same skills that I've seen others do in that game.  

Dreamcast?  Most of the games on that Generation Disc are top-notch.  You might try to keep an eye out for any Official Dreamcast Magazine discs as well.  Some had full games on them where the magazine discs are the only way to get them.  I love Genesis and have fond memories of the Master System...but I believe Dreamcast remains by favorite Sega system of all-time.  

I didn't do a video but got some pics.

1938571209_Picture26.jpg.0c495fe6c88fe43c09d8a43ecb21bf9d.jpg

Air*Sea Battle needs some TLC.  Everything works and after a few minutes...

1177667065_Picture27.jpg.4bb7308ac48876b1cc6b59c6457f49f8.jpg

the 360 cleaned up nicely.  I also repaired the memory card flap (spring was still inside).  Updates took a few minutes, though.  Controller is my old 3rd-party wired controller that has issues so I'm going to have to track down some new/newer ones (wireless maybe?).  I'm not a fan of Kinect but I might find some use for it.  Forza Motorsport 4 I believe uses it.  Included hard drive is a 20 GB model which will allow me to finally play games I own that require the hard drive...finally!

Thanks you StormSurge!  

5 minutes ago, StormSurge said:

Now I'm going to have to play Bioshock again. 🌊

I've never played Bioshock 1 or 2 but I did give Infinite a try once when XBOX gave away that game as a Games with Gold thing.  What little I played of Infinite I liked but I've been holding off until I could play the first two just in case the story line is tied together.

I played about 10 minutes of BioShock 1 this morning.  Made it to a spot where I seen the first large robot thing.  I already jumped a few times from things being behind when I would turn to go in a different direction.  Talk about coming out swinging!  What little I've experienced I enjoyed.  I plan to play this one more later but after I get setup to capture the footage.  I found a new game to do a Let's Play series on.  As soon as I upload the next Borderlands 2 video to my channel.