The 2019 Retro Swap Box

nosweargamer

It's time for the 2019 Retro Swap Box!

What is it

A large flat rate box filled with retro goodness. Members who take part in it, take what they want out if it, fairly refill it, and mail it to the next participant.

Who's Eligible

Any current active member at the time of this post with at least +100 reputation points, who lives in the US and promise to follow the rules below.

What you can put into the box

Retro related games, toys, comics, magazines, trading cards, books, DVDs an so on in working condition. Over half the box should be related to retro gaming. Modern games are ok, if they are related to a retro game or series.

What you can't put into the box

VHS tapes, records, audio tapes, pc or mac games, similar obsolete media or unboxed common rarity 1 Atari 2600 games according to AtariAge.

Box Limits

• no more than 5 games per system at a time
  • no duplicate games
  • no more than 1 book and/or audio CD at a time (to save space)
  • you are allowed to take up to half of the contents

Shipping info

Participants agree to ship the box within three business days of receiving it, pay for shipping to the next participant (currently $19.95, but cheaper if you use paypal multishipping), pack it securely (plastic shopping bags work well to fill gaps), and insure it for $50 (free with priority mail postage).

FAIRNESS

Participants agree to fairly refill the box with contents that are equal or greater in value to what they took out (use pricecharting.com to get game values and adjust for condition). The number of items you put in does not need to match the number of items you took out, but please keep a good variety in the box.

Pictures/Video

Contents are to remain a secret for the next person, but participants agree to send me a picture/video of what they took out to share immediately and a picture/video of what they put in to share when the box is over.

To get an idea of how it works, here's one I did for my Patreon Supporters. (this was before I removed VHS tapes from eligible stuff)

If you are eligible, agree to all the rules and want to participate, please let me know below by the end of June. Please include your city and state to help me make a list. I am also taking volunteers if someone wants to be the first person to get the box (they should get it before July 4th). In my next post, I will show a teaser picture of the box, and hints at some of the contents.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

IMG_1958.thumb.JPG.b6683ccd3c9d19af6cb0a7b1f8a16aa9.JPG

Here's a picture of the box that will be sent to the first person. I'm still trying to cram some more items into it, but as of right now there is (all games loose unless noted):

1 N64 Game

2 Tomy Pockey Games

1 7800 Game

1 SNES Game

1 32X Game

3 Loose Atari 2600 Games (rarities 3, 4 & 4)

1 Complete Rarity 4 Atari 2600 Game

1 Superhero related DVD, new

1 Blu Ray Documentary 2 Disc Set, new

1 Atari 2600 specialized controller with compatible game

3 Sega Genesis Games

1 Famicom Game

2 Atari 5200 Games

1 Atari Lynx Game

1 Intellivision Game

2 Gamecube Games in case

1 360 Game (related to a retro game) in case

1 Basic Fun Color, Static Screen Style Mini Arcade

1 Basic Fun B&W LCD Mini Arcade

Items related to Mario, Wreck it Ralph, Star Wars and Star Trek

2 Sega Game Gear Games

4 GBA Games

2 Game Boy Color Games

and more!

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

I've added more games to the box!

2 Game Boy Advance

2 Game Boy Color

1 Sega Genesis

1 Tomy Pocket Game

I updated the totals on the first post.

Edited by nosweargamer

I randomized a list to determine mailing order.

Here were the results

List.png.aab9a1c56f034f7acd14dc292c2004b2.png

If someone else signs up, I'll add them also.

@TrekMD are you cool if I mail it to you after the 4th? My guess is you would get it by Monday.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:44 AM, nosweargamer said:

With the week being busy, I decided to wait to ship it until after the 4th.

If anyone else wants to sign up, you still can.

yeah busy Summer with pinball \o/ , can I get put in "The Randomizer"  I dunno if ya wanna tag abunch of members like @Atari Creep , @LeeJ07 & @Justin for good measure

does the randomizer look like one of these? https://www.amazon.com/Trademark-Poker-10-0711-Raffle-Drum/dp/B0014B5T9G/ref=asc_df_B0014B5T9G/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167134282234&hvpos=1o6&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10262706005358502499&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9002501&hvtargid=pla-465674450152&psc=1

4 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

I randomized a list to determine mailing order.

Here were the results

List.png.aab9a1c56f034f7acd14dc292c2004b2.png

If someone else signs up, I'll add them also.

@TrekMD are you cool if I mail it to you after the 4th? My guess is you would get it by Monday.

Of course, I'm cool with it.  I'm going to be at Florida Supercon all weekend long, so it works out perfectly!  Thanks! 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

12 minutes ago, correagonzalez said:

Interested! Is it too late to enter, please let me know, thanks to Rick for letting me know.

You're In! I used random.org to add you to the list.

New order:

1. Trek
  2. CG
  3. Rick
  4. Willie!

The box is already packed and waiting to be picked up to head to Trek!

I just got home and here was the box.  Unfortunately, it has been raining and the mailwoman did not place it in a protected place, so the box is all wet.  I haven't opened it yet so I'm hoping the stuff inside is OK.  I'll have to replace the box entirely because this one won't be any good. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

No worries about replacing the box. Hopefully the inside is ok, but it was insured if there is significant damage. But it was so stuffed, that most of the stuff inside should be ok. Sorry about the rain.

2 hours ago, RickR said:

The next box should be "water" themed. 

1699854891_Waterworld(USA)-image.jpg.eef144f9e7e9e5590afcffcd3226a0b3.jpg

34 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

It sure is!  I have some cool stuff to put in as well.

Don't forget to take a pic/video of what you took out (to share now) and the cool stuff you put in! (to share when the box is done).

Once you are ready to ship the box, let @correagonzalez know to see if he is ready to receive it and get his address.

Thanks!