2008 Flashback - Memories - Star Trek Vegas. 😜🍺

MaximumRD

I don't THINK I ever shared these here? If so delete but I was just reliving some memories and thought some might get a kick out of these shots.

Back when we got married in Vegas of course we HAD to check out the Star Trek Vegas show. KAPLAAAAA!!! 

52360013_3024868746_o.jpg

52360014_3024868532_o.jpg

52360015_3024040279_o.jpg

52360016_3024868854_o.jpg

52360017_3024868906_o.jpg

52360018_3024040455_o.jpg

52360019_3024040485_o.jpg

52380019_3024869028_o.jpg

52380020_3024879762_o.jpg

52380021_3024051351_o.jpg

52380022_3024879836_o.jpg

52380023_3024051423_o.jpg

52380024_3024868652_o.jpg

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Oh, I remember this place.  I visited it many times!  It was awesome and it was fun with the people who were in character as Klingons, Ferengi, etc.  I was able to do the "backlot" tour of it also several months before it was closed.  I also was able to "make it so."

2eNCvIr.jpg

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

14 hours ago, TrekMD said:

Oh, I remember this place.  I visited it many times!  It was awesome and it was fun with the people who were in character as Klingons, Ferengi, etc.  I was able to do the "backlot" tour of it also several months before it was closed.  I also was able to "make it so."

2eNCvIr.jpg

I would love to have seen a photo of you in Sick Bay Eugenio!

You guys have given me a great excuse to post something I've been meaning to share here for six months. I love DS9, watched it from day one when it was new and I think it's held up really, really well 25 years later. It may be my favorite Trek, they really reached new heights with that show. I loved the whole Star Wars cantina feel of everything, especially Quark's Bar. You never knew who was going to come through the airlock and walk into Quark's. Maybe for a Raktajino, a round of Kanar, some Hasperat or to play the Dabo wheel. Or, you know, some prune juice. Ferengis get a bad rap but Quark was one of Star Trek's more interesting characters and he definitely kept things lively on the station.

There came a point at the end of last year as fall became winter and it began to get "cold" here that I slipped into binge watching the show every night. Just an episode or two, but I kept with it all through the winter. There's something about November-January that always get me in the mood for DS9 and Jaguar. I think because DS9 first premiered in January, I spent my entire winter break looking forward to this new show, now it's etched in my mind that cold weather = DS9 adventures by the fireplace.

Well, couple the idea of warming up on a chilly night with hanging out at Quark's Bar and suddenly this idea pops into my head that if I could have one thing off the station (something that actually exists) it would be mugs from Quark's. They're cool, and they're actually something I would use. Drink something warm while watching the show on a cold night. A quick search showed that the mugs used in Quark's Bar were intended to be different from the replimat mugs used throughout the rest of the station, and were not specially made props for the show but rather alien-looking "Hotjo" mugs from a company called Highwave:

mFHNuXC.jpg

raktajino_mug_quarks_ref_2.jpg

images.jpeg

raktajino_mug_quarks_6936.jpg

A little more searching and I found that Highwave was still in business, they still made the Hotjo mugs (although they had updated the design slightly after 25 years) and yes, you could order them online. This was back around Thanksgiving, and when I was checking out their website they had a Black Friday Deal for 30% off your order plus free shipping. I ended up ordering two of the modern Highwave Hotjo mugs, as well as two matching JoPilot travel mugs too. I really love the look of these! They're clean and cool and I absolutely love them. The bottom photo is one I took of my mugs when I unboxed them. I ordered one of each in black and white. I was going to post this forever ago, but it wasn't gaming related and wasn't a priority and time slips by quickly. If you're a DS9 fan though I highly recommend these, they're super cool and not overly expensive.

a_copy_99_600x600.jpga_copy_97_600x600.jpga_copy_115_600x600.jpg

highwave_hotjo_mugs.jpg

I went to the touring museum (2008) and I'm trying to find a picture of my standing in the mouth of The Guardian of Forever. I'm happy as a Klingon targ.  They also had this green screen video kareoke where you acted in a scene and got a DVD. Wish I could find those. 

Instead, here's a bad digital photo of me doing my best Kirk in 2009.  I still have my command gold TOS tunic. I have no idea who I'm trying to contact on that communicator. It's all about the passion! 

FB_IMG_1545584606890~2.jpg

Here we go....here's a few shots from the Star Trek traveling exhibit that started in Seattle in 2017, featuring the collection of Paul G. Allen.  No "Guardian on the Edge of Forever" though....dang.  I would have loved to see that. 

I'm sad there's no TrekMD in sick bay, but we do get Engineer RickR in a Jeffries tube. 

Seattle Star Trek 046.JPG

Seattle Star Trek 054.JPG

Seattle Star Trek 066.JPG

Those cups are really cool, Justin.  I will look into getting a few for myself too.

I agree with you on DS9.  It's my favorite Trek series by far.  Mostly because it's consistently good from beginning to end.  (For comparison's sake, season 1 of TNG is absolutely terrible and hard to watch).  DS9 had a great pilot episode and really hit it's stride early on and kept it up for a long time.  They really did give some flavor to Ferengi, and also to Klingons, Cardassians, and a bunch of new alien races. 

Once I finished binge-watching DS9 recently, I tried to start Voyager and just can't do it.  Enterprise?  I watched it when it was new and I'm pretty sure I don't want to spend time on that again. 

22 hours ago, RickR said:

Those cups are really cool, Justin.  I will look into getting a few for myself too.

I agree with you on DS9.  It's my favorite Trek series by far.  Mostly because it's consistently good from beginning to end.  (For comparison's sake, season 1 of TNG is absolutely terrible and hard to watch).  DS9 had a great pilot episode and really hit it's stride early on and kept it up for a long time.  They really did give some flavor to Ferengi, and also to Klingons, Cardassians, and a bunch of new alien races. 

Once I finished binge-watching DS9 recently, I tried to start Voyager and just can't do it.  Enterprise?  I watched it when it was new and I'm pretty sure I don't want to spend time on that again. 

I agree with every word of this. 🖖

23 hours ago, atarilbc said:

I went to the touring museum (2008) and I'm trying to find a picture of my standing in the mouth of The Guardian of Forever. I'm happy as a Klingon targ.  They also had this green screen video kareoke where you acted in a scene and got a DVD. Wish I could find those. 

Instead, here's a bad digital photo of me doing my best Kirk in 2009.  I still have my command gold TOS tunic. I have no idea who I'm trying to contact on that communicator. It's all about the passion! 

FB_IMG_1545584606890~2.jpg

Arlen you make an EXCELLENT Kirk! That looks so good 

On 6/28/2019 at 8:24 PM, RickR said:

Enterprise?  I watched it when it was new and I'm pretty sure I don't want to spend time on that again.

The fourth season of Enterprise is really well done once they close the mess left from the prior season.  I really feel that had the show been like that since the beginning, it would have lasted seven years. 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

7 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

The fourth season of Enterprise is really well done once they close the mess left from the prior season.  I really feel that had the show been like that since the beginning, it would have lasted seven years. 

I really like Enterprise.  Its actually the only Trek series that I have on physical media and is probably my favorite after TOS. With the exception of the finale, I think that the fourth season is great with the various multi-episode story arcs, the Mirror Universe episodes and the beginnings of the Federation.  I imagine that a fifth season would have got into the war with the Romulans.