Squad Challenge - Gradius III (Super Nintendo)

Justin

awc_text_hss_squad_challenge.gif

Gradius III
Super Nintendo Entertainment System
Controller: CONTROLLER / KEYBOARD / PLAYER'S CHOICE
Difficulty Level: NORMAL Difficulty
Play on: Real Hardware / Dedicated Console / MAME / Emulation OK! ✔
Squad Challenge ends 11:59 pm PST July 14th, 2019

OBJECTIVE: Play for the highest possible score using the difficulty settings defined in the challenge. Post a photo or video of your score in this thread. Scores must be achieved between July 1st through July 14th, 2019. Screen captures are not allowed as they are easily manipulated for falsified scores. Multiple submissions are permitted. The player with the highest score at the end of the competition is the victor!

ELIGIBILITY: Anyone can join in. All players are welcome!

PLAY RULES: Games may be played on real hardware, Flashback or emulation, using any controller or keyboard, following rules and game settings as delineated in the Squad Challenge. Enhancements, rewinds and hacked versions of this game are not allowed.

DIFFICULTY LEVEL: NORMAL Difficulty. (Adjust Difficulty Settings in OPTION Mode). Yes TURBO SHOTS and AUTOMATIC POWER UPS are allowed.

FAIR PLAY: Players should play fairly, be honest, and have fun! Falsified scores will result in your immediate removal from the site. It goes without saying that no use of cheats, hacks, cartridge frying, enhancements, rewinds, Photoshop, subterfuge, or any other unfair advantage is allowed. Everybody hates a cheater.

MORE: To review detailed rules on how to play, please visit the High Score Squad page here: https://forums.atari.io/topic/1219-high-score-squad-how-to-play/

MESSAGE: Welcome to our 65th Squad Challenge! This will be our second Squad Challenge for Super Nintendo and for one of the system's best shoot 'em up titles: Gradius III! This is a personal favorite and one that was nominated as a request at the beginning of the year. ROM and Instruction Manual are provided below. Good luck to everyone playing!

NOTE: We have HSW Day 2019 coming up on July 30th. :Howard_Scott_Warshaw: Be there!

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Gradius III.sfc Gradius III.pdf

F-Zero was my first SNES game ever.  Then this one.  I have to admit that Gradius III is fun but my least favorite in the series due to a slowdown issue in later levels.  I lack this game and controllers unfortunately and emulation does not do this game justice.  This one HAS to be played on real hardware to truly appreciate it.  Konami out did themselves on this one.  It's a shame they didn't use the 16-bit technology to bring Life Force and the original Gradius over to the SNES.  

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Control Issues!

Congratulations @Control Issues on your score! I'd like to offer "Rick R Jr. Too" a very special welcome to the forums for participating in this Squad Challenge. This was a really challenging game, I hope you guys enjoyed the challenge and had fun with this one. Congrats to everyone who played! I'd like to encourage Control Issues to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and maybe this Challenge can continue on! 

Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be posted shortly! Stay tuned!

GRADIUS III FINAL STANDINGS

1   CONTROL ISSUES                61,800

2   RICKR JR. TOO                     25,800

3   RICKR                                     20,600

4   ATARI CREEP                        15,600

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif