Greetings! Hello! Salutations!

I'm new around here! My name is 'Dan' but I go by the online moniker 'Rocky Raccoon'. I've been collecting since about my teen years. I am currently 34. I like collecting a heck of a whole lot, and have a varied collection of consoles. My favorite era is probably the mid eighties, onwards. The first two machines I ever played on we're an Atari 2600 in my dad's basement on a B&W TV, and my Dad's Commodore 64. My favorite retrogame series is The Fantasy Zone series of games.

I was first introduced to collecting through a dear old friend back in MA, USA, and have been in the hobby since. I've been learning to get into the technical side of the hobby-- learning to fix consoles-- diagnose problems and fix them, though I still have a long ways to go-- though I do have a background in electronic schematic reading thanks to CAD courses I took in high school that have generally helped me a bunch there.

I learned about this place primarily through the NoSwearGamer on Youtube where this place was mentioned once in a while, and decided to come check it out. I also hang around AtariAge with the same user name.

Edited by RockyRaccoon

>>> RETROCADE ROMP <<<
My Personal Webpage, Blog, and Collection List

Welcome to the Atari I/O Forums @RockyRaccoon! I'm glad you found your way here, and a special thank you to the @nosweargamer for getting the word out about the forums! I hope you enjoy your time here and if you have any questions just ask. It's a friendly community and everybody here is very welcoming and helpful.

1 hour ago, Atari Creep said:

Welcome @RockyRaccoon I too am a Masshole. lol Hope to see ya in the chats and  participating in out High Score Squad Challenges!!!!!  

I used to be living in MA! I live in Alabama nowadays--- I was born in MA, about an hour from Boston in a place called Westford. But I guess you can't really take the MA outta the a-word.

>>> RETROCADE ROMP <<<
My Personal Webpage, Blog, and Collection List

On 7/2/2019 at 7:40 PM, RockyRaccoon said:

Also @Justin, when you say the Chatroom, do you mean this page here; https://forums.atari.io/chat/ - or is there an IRC / Special Link posted around that time?

Yes, I mean the chatroom in the forums. It's accessible from the link you posted, and also from the chatbox on the forums homepage. Hope to see you there! :wreck-it-ralph: