Squad Challenge - 6th Annual Howard Scott Warshaw Day - Ultimate Yars (Atari 2600)

Justin

On 7/28/2019 at 7:14 PM, atarilbc said:

This variation is pretty fun. I wasn't great about selecting through the different options when I was a kid.  Often, I'd just opt for the default unless there were obvious changes like Air Sea Battle, Combat or Space Invaders.  As a grown-up it's been fun to click through and play a lot of these game variations. Some game options bring real variety to the proceedings and make these old games seem fresh. 

Thank you @atarilbc! I love that you picked up on that. I think a lot of us grew up playing the default game variations. Mixing up the game variations and looking for the most challenging mix is a fun way to change things up and find new ways to enjoy these common titles. It's definitely been a fun approach to High Score Squad.

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations RickR!

Congratulations @RickR on your ULTIMATE score! I want to thank EVERYBODY for participating in our little event this year, and for celebrating the life and works of Howard Scott Warshaw who went for so many years without recognition, carrying "the blame" for the video game crash. I hope doing HSWDAY once a year is a fun way to break out these old games and appreciate them for what they are. I hope everyone had a good time playing Ultimate Yars!. Congrats to @RickR @greenween @atarilbc @TrekMD @kamakazi20012 and @Atari Creep for being among the most elite Yars' Revenge players! I'd like to encourage RickR to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and maybe this Challenge can continue on! 

Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be for the TurboGrafx-16!

:yars_revenge: ULTIMATE YARS FINAL STANDINGS :Howard_Scott_Warshaw:

1   RICKR                                     216,578

2   GREENWEEN                         212,454

3   ATARILBC                              109,885

4   TREKMD                                   67,007

5   KAMAKAZI20012                   49,420

6   ATARI CREEP                          37,092

atari_league_world_championships_150.gif