The 80's icon: DeLorean

RickR

Is there a more iconic 80's car that the beautiful stainless steel DeLorean DMC-12?  Or is it only iconic because of the Back to the Future movies?

Here are some YouTube videos featuring the car.  I am the type that will watch these when I find them just because I think the car is pretty cool.  Share any videos, pictures, or information you have!

First up is a real review from 1981 from the PBS show "MotorWeek".  From this video, I learned that you have to pop the front "trunk" to put gas in the car!

And here's one from 2019 about a car collector that spent WAY too much buying and fixing one, yet ended up loving it.  Hoovie actually has several videos on this car, but this one is the summary.

My uncle owns one and they are a headache to maintain.  He's spent quite a bit of money fixing it up.  He does take it to car shows and people love seeing them.  He's even added some mods to make it look like Doc Brown's DeLorean.  ;)

Edited by TrekMD

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

delorean_atari_7800.jpg

Thought this would be a good time to share a photo with you guys that I recently shared on our Instagram account. This is our very first refurbished CIB Atari 7800 ProSystem being shipped off to its new owner in September, 2000 back when this website was new (as Atari7800.com) and had a web store. We sold fully refurbished Atari systems with brand new accessories and a 1-Year Limited Warranty, along with other games and accessories. Look closely and you'll see that this 7800 is sitting on the hood of the DeLorean with the door up. A few hundred of our newly refurbished battery systems took a ride in the car to our local Pack-N-Ship back at that time. Wonderful memories of this site being new to me.

4 hours ago, Justin said:

I've owned one for 20 years. It's been wonderful. October 1981, 32,000 miles. (Also that's how I met our old moderator DeLorean) Thanks for the post @RickR

:bttf_delorean:

I envy you.  I had a chance to get one from a used car shop about mid 1990s but the thing had high mileage and the engine was having a hard time running.  It was also missing a piece of trim.  I passed.  I didn't think it was worth 5 grand then.  I guess I should have got it now that I think about it but I know I couldn't have afforded to fix it then.

I do love the DeLorean and I believe there is a place still making them.

I had not heard of Collector's Cards and Games until now.  No idea if it is a physical store.  As for 8-Bit Hall of Fame, I've been there two times.  I never leave empty handed!  LOL  Heck, the day I went to the DeLorean shop, I had to go to 8-Bit also! 

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...