New Wave Toys Replicade series Mini Arcades

CrossBow

I did look and didn't really see anything on these yet posted so I will apologize ahead of time if there is. I've not said much about the mini arcade craze of the last 2 years but I do own quite a few of them. I own most of the basic fun series games and about 3 or 4 of the My Arcade series of games. All of them have been quite fun to pick up from time to time and show, but they are mostly just collectors pieces when you think about it since most of them do not play actual arcade roms and instead play the NES or other console versions of the games.

However, that isn't the case with the New Wave Toys line of Replicade mini arcades. These are literally 1/6 scale full replicas of the arcade original cabinets. I had the pleasure of seeing these in person and playing on them during the 2019 PRGE and I have to tell you, these things are pretty amazing. They have a price to match but I do feel they are worth it if you are a fan of any of the games they have released. Due to my experience with playing on these during PRGE I ended up buying one of their Tempest mini arcades and again, very impressive. I made a video dedicated to showing you the details of this particular mini arcade, but all of their replicade series games are just as detailed and well made oozing with quality. They aren't just for sitting on a shelf like an expensive executive desk toy, they are designed to be played and enjoyed! Check out the Tempest below to get an idea as I do plan to pick up more from them in the future!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

The Basic Fun Centipede is actually the 7800 version of Centipede.  That Centipede is very distinctive.  While most of the My Arcade series Micro Players are NES ROMs they are fun and are of games I either passed up during the NES' highlight or I never could find them.  I was too busy playing other popular NES games that were not arcade translations which is probably why I missed them.  I also like the My Arcade cab designs a bit better than the Basic Fun players.  They fit in my hands better and are more attractive to me.  Then again I probably play them different than others would.  I hold the unit on the sides and use my thumbs to play the games.  The only My Arcade Micro Player machine I would pass on is Ms. Pac-Man.  Attractive unit but the game included is horrible.  The only Ms. Pac-Man I would probably pick up would be the Tiny Arcade since it is closer to the arcade than any of the others.  If I got the Ms. Pac-Man My Arcade machine it would be for a complete collection only.  I doubt I would play it much as I didn't care for the version of the game they chose.  

I recently did a blog post on here about what My Arcade was up to.  They are going to introduce a new technology they developed (or so they say) for their Micro Players and Pocket Players where players will be able to connect them up and play some co-op games.  Contra is going to be the next one coming out using this new technology in the Micro Player and Pocket Player versions.  The nice thing is that they got the rights to use the actual arcade ROMs instead of the NES ROMs.  Space Invaders is coming out as well and if they can stay with the design they show on their website it will be spot on with the arcade cabinet and will also be using the arcade ROM.  

If everything goes well both Contra and Space Invaders are set to be released Holiday 2019.  Which might be before Christmas.