Toyshock Virtual Pinball

LSGreger

Here is an interesting find. In the vein of 1UP arcades, Toyshock is releasing a 3/4 scale virtual pinball games. It will play 12 Gottlieb tables with 3D effects to give it some depth. It looks like the backbox doesn't change but does have stereo speakers. It does have a plunger and the extra buttons are the "nudge" buttons. The playfield is a 24 inch LCD so I do not know how  that would be to play. It currently lists on the Walmart site for pre orders at 399.96, so its pricepoint is much cheaper than other full sized machines.

3e4f6ac7-81d5-4a3a-a2b6-611898fbe599_1.93992d1e7617ebc9e97d22235b2bc067-900x1204.jpeg

I've seen that too!  Keep your eye out for @Willie!'s review, as I think he's likely to get one soon. 

For me, I don't have much interest in something like this.  May as well just play on an emulator IMO.  As much as I love video pinball, I have to admit it can't really capture the feeling of a real steel ball flying around the table. 

Edited by RickR

13 minutes ago, RickR said:

I've seen that too!  Keep your eye out for @Willie!'s review, as I think he's likely to get one soon. 

For me, I don't have much interest in something like this.  May as well just play on an emulator IMO.  As much as I love video pinball, I have to admit it can't really capture the feeling of a real steel ball flying around the table. 

Oh, I will have to look at the review! I am kinda on the fence on this one. It is a pricey "arcade" and I am not sure if the size will substitute for the real pinball experience. It hasn't been released yet, so I was gonna look at actual reviews before I even think about plopping down the money. My dream would be buying a real Stern Pinball machine!

Edited by LSGreger

A real pinball machine would be so cool.  We've got a user here on the forums that collects/restores machines.  The PRGE show usually has a huge collection of pinball machines to play for free, and that's usually where I spend a lot of time when I go to that show. 

As far as emulation goes, I really like the various "collections" you can get for the home consoles.  I think I have several for PS2 that are really well done and fun. 

26 minutes ago, Willie! said:

yep, I have one on the way......I have a problem

I'm looking forward to your review.  Depending on how many "AWESOME"'s it gets, I may have to get one too!

I really like the Star Wars arcade machine you got recently.  I'm keeping my eye out for that one, but haven't seen it yet at my local stores.