THE END 2600 * NEW HOMEBREW GAME * 😮

MaximumRD

NOT MINE ! I thought those here who do not visit Atariage may not be aware of this release. I think this game looks and form the description SOUNDS pretty damn good so if you are interested in getting your hands on the ROM to check it out yourself here is a link to the source thread over on AA. 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/298966-the-end-2600-new-homebrew-game/

Below I have pasted the screen shot as well as the description from the creators post HOWEVER I have not linked the roms, I think it only fair if you 

want to get those at the very least you can go to the original thread to obtain the roms and give a LIKE or comment some appreciation. 😉😎

as such things should be encouraged. 

--- PASTED FROM SOURCE --

646018075_BaseProfileScreenshot2019_11.19-11_50_00_22.thumb.jpg.edb07b839773ef7caef5797f8f391102.jpg.c51c41be523b8dd973ff5f63529585ff.jpg

Hello all !

Here is a new homebrew game I made for the Atari 2600 that I named THE END 2600.
It is based on the 1980 Konami version of the arcade game THE END.

Attached you will find the release candidate #1 of this game in NTSC and PAL60 versions.

OBJECTIVE:
To destroy aliens attempting to steal bricks from your defense bases.
The aliens will arrange stolen bricks to spell out  "END" at the top of the screen.
You start the game with 3 spaceships.
An extra ship will be awarded when you reach 5,000 points.
Use your joystick to move your spaceship left of right and press the button to fire to the aliens.
Game is over when all your spaceships are destroyed or "END" is spelled out by the aliens.

THE POINTS:
Each alien destroyed scores 40, 60 or 100 points.
Destroying aliens carrying a stolen brick scores double.
Destroying MotherShip scores 10 to 100 points plus the same amount awarded for each brick needed to spell out "END"

ANOTHER DETAILS:
Each level is represented by a "wave".
Every 5 "waves", the MotherShip will come down to attack your spaceship. If you destroy it, a "round" of 5 "waves" will be completed.
When a new "round" begins, the aliens with have to start spelling "END" all over again.

The game is complete and fully playable.
It has 40 levels and is fast and very challenging.

The game is not exactly in graphics as the arcade version but the gameplay is. Also I have added some animations that are not in the arcade.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it !
Please tell me your feedback about the game and let me know if the game is too easy or too hard or if you find any bugs in the game.

Let's see those high scores !!

RaymanC

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

Just a heads up from the developer :

** DECEMBER 1 2019 - ROMS HAVE BEEN UPDATED TO RELEASE CANDIDATE 3 **

So for those enjoying it go grab the latest release in the original post link as he worked on some reported glitches 😉

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison