The Mandalorian

Justin

We watched and absolutely love the series, it just got better every episode and Jon Favreau has already announced season 2 for fall 2020 woo hoo! Sure there's a lot of fan service and I certainly don't mind that but so many call backs to series characters, honestly this is the most Star Wars feeling thing Disney has put out.

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

On 12/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, MaximumRD said:

We watched and absolutely love the series, it just got better every episode and Jon Favreau has already announced season 2 for fall 2020 woo hoo! Sure there's a lot of fan service and I certainly don't mind that but so many call backs to series characters, honestly this is the most Star Wars feeling thing Disney has put out.

Agree.  It's more Star Wars than anything since Return of the Jedi IMO, even down to the use of the old-fashion screen transition 'wipes'.  Some of the shows were 'meh' and many of them were clearly based on old stories.  Some worked (such as the prison ship ep, which is a nice Dirty Dozen spin), and others not so much (such as the Seven Samurai-esque episode).  At times, a little too much fan service (surely the Galaxy far, far away has other planets to visit besides Tatooine... right?).   It'll be interesting to see where they go with it.

We finished it last night and loved it.  I think it's great that each chapter is only 30 minutes.  The stories are kept simple with minimal dialogue.  Perfect!  It's being described as a space western, and even compared to the old spaghetti westerns, and I think that's perfectly appropriate.  Smart, fun, and not time consuming is a winning combo.  And oh yeah...BABY YODA! 

1 hour ago, TrekMD said:

Ah, I didn't know the episodes were only 30 minutes long.  That's good to know.   I still haven't watched it but I'm eager to do so.

Hopefully we didn't spoil it for you.

One more thing...Then end credits of each episode were so cool too.  I think it was a series of storyboards.  Mesmerizing to me. 

PS - we are now watching season 2 of "Star Trek Discovery" (I got the DVD's from the library).  I just can't get over how incredible the effects are on this show -- cinematic, really.  If ST:Picard is this good, holy cow!  Picard will probably be next on our list. 

I haven't read much in the posts to not get spoiled.  :)  Just wait until the final two episodes of Discovery Season 2!  You're going to see something never before seen in any Star Trek show.  As for Picard, the first episode was really good.  I can hardly wait for tomorrow!

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

We just finished Discovery Season 2.  I loved it, although the ending was strange and unsatisfying.  The character of Captain Pike was truly incredible.  And the visit to Talos IV???  AWESOME.  Best not to think about that last episode too deeply though -- plot holes galore!