Trackmania (PC)

Atari 5200 Guy

Hey Guys,

I'm posting this here because I found a free racing game with online and party abilities called Trackmania.  I thought it would be neat to have a PC game I can play with Atari IO members.  You can also design tracks on the free version and it has solo play as well.

https://trackmania.com/

Simply visit the page, scroll down to the Trackmania Forever banner and click on that.  At the bottom of the next page, on the right, you can get the FREE version or opt to buy the Universe version.  The Free one will be above the one to buy.

PC Requirements are pretty low.

• Operating system: Windows XP SP2/Vista SP1/Windows 7
  • CPU: Pentium IV 1.6GHz / AMD Athlon XP1600+
  • RAM: 256 MB (XP) or 512 MB (Vista/7)
  • 3D graphics card: 16 MB, 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible
  • Sound card: 16 bit DirectX compatible
  • Hard drive: 1.7 GB free disk space

Check it out and I hope to see you guys on the tracks!

I tried grabbing a screenshot but for some reason it wasn't working right.

Once you install the game you will have to register an account with Trackmania through the game.  Once that is done, use your login credentials to sign in.  The first menu screen you should see will have ways to play the game solo or online on the left.  If you look on the right you should see items where you can share or add friends.  You will want to click on the one that adds friends.  When you click on that you will then enter their nickname registered with Trackmania.  

For those that play this game, and wish to add me, I go by the same nickname I use here...kamakazi20012.  Just make sure the spelling and case setting are correct. 

You guys are always welcome to add me as a friend in video games you play online and, if I have them, I will gladly join in for some hang time.  I do, however, have to express that I might not be the best at every game and my wife comes first.  When she needs me my inactivity from helping her can take a bit...sometimes as long as 10 minutes or more.

It's also why I suggested Minetest as well.  It's a simple, relaxing, digital LEGO-isk world, if you will, where you can do what ever your imagination thinks of.  Want to build a castle? It's doable.  Need help building a bridge to connect two mountains?  It can be done.  Games like Minetest/Minecraft work best for me for the reason mentioned above because I don't have to worry about being kicked off for inactivity.  While I'm away others can continue to play, build, do whatever, and I can play catch-up when I return.  There's no time frame or time limit in the game.  The same for Trackmania, too.