Let’s compile a list of Netflix, Hulu & Amazon shows to watch during this social distancing!

Justin

Labyrinth.  Might not exactly be a blockbuster but it was comical.  

And I don't remember if it was in the late 80's or early 90's but I do remember an NBC movie that attempted to revamp the Knight Rider series called Knight Rider 2000.  I always did think that Pontiac Banshee was a cool looking car...but you know, I never seen one in person.

You know...I'm not sure if those are on any of the streaming services come to think of it.  I only mentioned them because I thought of them LOL.  Some of the older stuff is good to watch again.

Edited by kamakazi20012

1 minute ago, Justin said:

⬆️ Edited the first post to make it cooler. It's been a few years since I used that graphic and I couldn't resist.

I like it!  That's pretty cool.  Miss Blockbuster even though I never had one in my area.  We had others but they left during the late 1990's.  No one wanted to rent movies any more.  Or games for that matter.  Most of what my area had sold off their inventory and closed shop.

I made that Blockbuster Video graphic for our "Atari I/O Movie Club" posts back during 2015-2016. I loved the idea of us having a movie of the month club! I enjoyed it, but it became time consuming with only a few people participating and I had to drop it to focus on larger priorities. This thread reminded me a lot of the Atari I/O Movie Club, maybe it'll become its spiritual successor. I loved the Blockbuster graphic ☺️

Did you start Breaking Bad yet @RickR?

I really enjoyed The Last Dance & am sad that it's over.

I'm trying to work through my backlog of movies I need to see (it's not quite as long as my video game backlog, but it's big) but mainly find myself watching The Office or King of Queens all the time.

I cannot wait to watch Hamilton on Disney+ in July!!!

No, I haven't started Breaking Bad yet.  We did watch "The Last Dance" (one episode left) and loved it.   We've done a lot of movies.  I'm also super duper excited to see "Hamilton" too, and that's why we've kept our subscription to Disney+.  We've also revisited a lot of the Marvel movies.  We did "Star Trek: Picard" which was just ok.  "Star Trek: Discovery" season 2 -- we loved it.  My wife enjoyed it so much, we went back and watched season 1 (which she didn't watch with me before). 

I can't believe this was posted almost a year ago 😓

I recently watched a newer movie on Hulu called Run, it was really good in the beginning, but became obvious and sort of dumb towards the end. I'd recommend the first three seasons of American Horror Story. The first season I've watched multiple times. It's very good! I'm not much of a scary movie/tv person but I really loved it. 

Disney Plus had been rocking lately.

Mandalorian was the best thing in the Star Wars universe since the original trilogy. 

Wandavision started slow but has become our weekly favorite.

Plus they recently posted the 90s TV show Dinosaurs and I believe the original Muppet Show is arriving today.

FYI - If you enjoyed The Fantastic Mr Fox, check out Isle of Dogs. Both are on Disney Plus.

Sidenote: on the Ghostbusters YouTube channel they are posting episodes of The Real Ghostbusters on Saturday mornings and Ghostbusters Extreme on Wednesdays.

Edited by nosweargamer

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

4 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Mandalorian was the best thing in the Star Wars universe since the original trilogy. 

Wandavision started slow but has become our weekly favorite.

I agree on both counts.  We are still enjoying WandaVision.  And over on Netflix, we are almost done with Season 3 of Schitt's Creek (which I think is really funny). 

Star Trek Discovery season 3 was ok.  Now that it's done, we've cancelled the CBS service. 

3 minutes ago, RickR said:

I agree on both counts.  We are still enjoying WandaVision.  And over on Netflix, we are almost done with Season 3 of Schitt's Creek (which I think is really funny). 

Star Trek Discovery season 3 was ok.  Now that it's done, we've cancelled the CBS service. 

What did you think of Picard? 

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

8 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

What did you think of Picard? 

Picard was hit and miss for me.  There are spoilers below.  But I've tried to soften them as best I can.

On the plus side:

• It's so cool to have the characters of Jean Luc Picard and Data back.  But at the same time, like the modern Star Wars movies...what took so long?  Everyone is so old now. No matter.  The scenes with Picard and Data are the highlight of the show.  Sadly, there aren't enough. 
  • There is one absolutely outstanding episode.  You'll know which one if you see the whole season.
  • Seven of Nine - WOW!  Absolutely the best character on the show.  I love what they did with the character.  Just my opinion, but the character becomes so much more interesting than she was on Voyager.  I love that they got rid of the cat suit. 
  • Hugh! 
  • Riker/Troi/family - so good.  Please give us more in season 2.

On the minus side:

• Picard's current status in Starfleet is not believable.  They needed to explore and explain this more.
  • Almost every new character is just ok. 
  • There are some pretty far-fetched story ideas here.  Especially the twist at the end. 
  • They went too far in the grisly aspects.  It's more "Game of Thrones" than it should be. 
  • They have two very interesting Romulan partners at the beginning of the show.  They just disappear after a few episodes.  A shame.