Squad Challenge - Ms. Pac-Man (Atari 7800)

Justin

1 hour ago, RickR said:

I really hate that brown maze you mention, and I lose most of my lives there.  There's a little jog next to the top power pellets that's super hard to navigate quickly.  If you get a ghost chasing you there, it's almost certain death. 

Yea I'm not a fan of that brown maze either.  Reminds me of shag green carpet.  There's nothing to like about it.  It has way too many trapping areas.

I have to say, it's been really fun playing this Squad Challenge with you guys. I think a lot of us have been cooped up in the house a lot, or have had some degree of change. It's been a fun thing playing with all of you in Ms. Pac-Man until life is normal again. It also doesn't hurt that Ms. Pac-Man is one of the greatest Atari 7800 games of all time.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

until life is normal again

After COVID-19 I honestly believe that life as we knew it beforehand will no longer exist.  I have a strong feeling that once it is all said and done our world will not be the same ever again.

2 hours ago, Justin said:

Ms. Pac-Man is one of the greatest Atari 7800 games of all time

Only on the 7800 is Ms. Pac-Man at her best.  The Queen of Video Games shines the most on this console.  All other home ports of Ms. Pac-Man simply do not compare.  And by home ports I mean ports that were made from scratch, not an arcade ROM emulated on a console.  The 7800 very faithfully brought Ms. Pac-Man into the home the way it should be.  This is one game that Atari Corp, under Jack, got right but I have a feeling it might have been done by Atari, Inc beforehand.  It's too perfect.  This is one 7800 game I could sit and play for days on end without a care in the world.

9 hours ago, Justin said:

I have to say, it's been really fun playing this Squad Challenge with you guys. I think a lot of us have been cooped up in the house a lot, or have had some degree of change. It's been a fun thing playing with all of you in Ms. Pac-Man until life is normal again. It also doesn't hurt that Ms. Pac-Man is one of the greatest Atari 7800 games of all time.

I certainly did appreciate the distraction.  It's a super fun game, made even better when played amongst friends.  Thanks, everyone. 

18 minutes ago, RickR said:

I certainly did appreciate the distraction.  It's a super fun game, made even better when played amongst friends.  Thanks, everyone. 

Thanks guys! Final Standings and a NEW Squad Challenge coming later today!

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations RadioPoultry!

Congratulations @RadioPoultry! You knocked it out of the park! Pac-Man Day challenges are always some of my favorite, and Ms. Pac-Man on Atari 7800 is hands down one of my favorite games for any system. It was great to get back in the swing of things and have so many participants join us in High Score Squad. We even had a few of the wives turn out! Having family and friends jump in and play along with us is something we should do more of in the future. @RadioPoultry takes the cake with an impressive 75,610 points! The Don @RickR posted a really impressive 72,120 to claim 2nd, and @greenween was right behind him with 71,350 to take 3rd. @kamakazi20012 @TrekMD @Justin @Gianna @btbfilms76 @Atari Creep Ms. BTB and Ms. Creep all joined in this one! Congrats to RadioPoultry for making it to the top, and to everyone who jumped in this squad challenge and shared a score! I'd like to encourage RadioPoultry to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be a *cough cough* Corona challenge. Be there!

large.final_standings_7800_ms_pacman-a.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif