#TruckAtHome Event

Atari 5200 Guy

SCS Software, creators of Euro Trucking Simulator 2 (ETS2) and American Truck Simulator (ATS), started holding an event they called #TruckAtHome in an effort to getting the people that play those games to stay at home.  When logged in and if the player picks freight from an external contract the World of Trucks website will keep track of how many miles have been delivered in both trucking games...live.  For every 20,000,000 km driven they made a pledge to do something positive to help the fight against COVID-19 combined with Steam giveaways.  

Within 24 hours of starting the event that 20,000,000 km milestone has been done 20 times.  And, yes, I also helped in ATS.  There's a personal milestone of 2,600 km which I completed in 2 hours.  There will be a prize but that prize has yet to be determined.  So...I thought I would share what one game developer is doing to help during these troubled times.  You can read more here if you are interested:

https://www.worldoftrucks.com/en/

And pic of my truck with the paint mod (provided by the developers but seen as an unofficial mod LOL).

ats_20200404_044108_00.png.6c0bb6f79cbd5767a202e259d4409678.png

This is one modern game I love to play and never get tired of.  I just wish I could get Washington, Oregon, and Utah states.  LOL.  I'd also like to see more freight types but the game is well made and being heavily supported.

It's worth it in my opinion.  And they have a team over here in the States studying Idaho and Connecticut to add to the game sometime.  They just added Utah not too long ago.  They just had a sale...the game was $4.99 but I think that might have ended.  I like it...it can be relaxing.  I actually got to see the Grand Canyon LOL.

Steam is actually a great digital game service.  I've had good experiences with it.  I'd suggest using a 360 or XBOX One controller with your Steam games if you have one and if the games you buy support it.  ATS and ETS 2 do support those controllers.  It's a LOT easier to play that way.

23 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

It's worth it in my opinion.  And they have a team over here in the States studying Idaho and Connecticut to add to the game sometime.  They just added Utah not too long ago.  They just had a sale...the game was $4.99 but I think that might have ended.  I like it...it can be relaxing.  I actually got to see the Grand Canyon LOL.

Steam is actually a great digital game service.  I've had good experiences with it.  I'd suggest using a 360 or XBOX One controller with your Steam games if you have one and if the games you buy support it.  ATS and ETS 2 do support those controllers.  It's a LOT easier to play that way.

Oh that would have been nice getting it for $5! Yeah, the videos I watched made it look really relaxing 😄

I have a PS4 I got just over a year ago that I only have one game for, which is GTA. I want to get into playing my ps4 more but need some suggestions for games! I know the controller is similar to xbox, so I can probably use that for ATS. 

I can probably recommend some games for you.  After all, what is on 360/XBOX One is usually on PS4.  At least most third party games are.  If the only game you have is GTA V that game is a lot of fun.  And a Windows 10 computer will recognize a 360 and XBOX One controller as soon as it is connected to it.. I am unsure about PS4 controllers...you'd have to Google that one 😉

Some games I have enjoyed playing that are on both systems are:

• Fallout 4
  • Any Saint's Row you can find
  • Gran Turismo (if you like racing games)
  • Just Cause 4
  • Sniper Elite 3 & 4 (these you can be stealthy or do like I do and go in with guns a blazin'!  But you are suppose to be stealthy...I just refuse to do it)

I'm sure there are more.  Look up Metal Jesus' PS4 Buyers Guide.  Him and one of his friends, Reggie, know a LOT about the PS4 and what other games are out there.  You'll find them on YouTube.  I know the PS4 is loaded with Japan RPG style games.  I don't own a PS4 so I can't be of any more help.  Sorry 😞   

It's about time!

MackAnthem.jpg.dfe2f3a26a1a47a07653163223dba0a0.jpg

SCS Software has been full of surprises this month.  Update 1.37 gives truck drivers the ability to actually roll up/down the windows in their trucks, they can now walk around their rigs while in a garage, and there is a new sound engine which, from what little I've experienced, has been a huge improvement.  And see that truck?  Yea...ATS gamers are finally getting a Mack truck...the Anthem...for free.  But it still has to be purchased through the in-game dealerships.  So, yea, it's about time the game got a Mack truck.