What is going on with Classic Game Room?

Gianna

I remember one of the CGR videos mentioning something about transitioning over to Amazon Prime.  It was a result of YouTube/Google making changes in the qualifications for a YouTube channel to receive revenue from ads placed on their channel.  It affected some channels that rely on that revenue to produce quality content.  I'll have to see if I can find that video.

I have a channel, too, and try to upload content regularly but it is often difficult for me.  It's easier for me to find about half an hour to play a game than it is for me to find the hours it takes to make a YouTube video.  But I don't get anything from my channel as it doesn't meet the qualifications.  I do it to showcase my passion for video games.   

I wasn't aware of any of this until today. Seems highly sus to me. I heard something about Amazon Prime and Patreon, and I noticed the channel name had changed from Lord Karnage to Inecom, but I did not realize he had abandoned the whole Classic Game Room thing. That seems like a dumb thing to do.

I found a YouTube video explaining some of what happened. It's a critical video so keep that in mind, but it answers some questions.

I think he just got burned out to some degree, he does a lot of short videos now (I am still subbed) many just a quick look through of 80's comics etc. 

I am Rob aka MaximumRD aka OldSchoolRetroGamer and THIS is my world http://about.me/maximumrd

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M. Bison

42 minutes ago, TrekMD said:

I always enjoyed his game reviews.  I felt that he sort of vanished and I can see that that did indeed happen.  The negative comments did not help the situation at all. 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

I can understand being burned out. It's okay to take a break. I don't understand changing the channel and confusing loyal viewers. It's easy to create another channel dedicated to a different subject.

Both of you have hit a nail on the head.  There is a lot of bullying and negativity that goes on in the video game world that is really uncalled for and completely unnecessary.  That magazine I was a part of had members that would get harassed bad but nothing was ever done about it.  Those people left.  I have not heard from them since.

That's why I like it here...no bullying or anything of the sort.  We are all good sports and win or lose enjoy a great played game. As much that goes on in this world you would think none of that would carry over to video games, online or not, but it is there...unfortunately.  I, personally, would love to see an end to it.

On 4/15/2020 at 12:08 AM, kamakazi20012 said:

Both of you have hit a nail on the head.  There is a lot of bullying and negativity that goes on in the video game world that is really uncalled for and completely unnecessary.  That magazine I was a part of had members that would get harassed bad but nothing was ever done about it.  Those people left.  I have not heard from them since.

That's why I like it here...no bullying or anything of the sort.  We are all good sports and win or lose enjoy a great played game. As much that goes on in this world you would think none of that would carry over to video games, online or not, but it is there...unfortunately.  I, personally, would love to see an end to it.

I totally agree with you! It's nice coming on here and seeing everyone get along and have fun. I feel like any other website or forum I have gone on that involves some sort of interest people are always arguing with each other and overall the community can be quite unnecessarily mean. I love how everyone on here gets along and is NICE!  😄