Do you have any pets?

Gianna

I have a cat. Her name is Yoda. Originally, she was named Diamond. My landlord's son rescued her from a crack house and had her for a while. Eventually, I received her and I take care of her now. She is approximately 12-13 years of age and she is a Himalayan. Very fluffy cat, and nice to me. But, she is a little skittish around other people and can be territorial. I think that she was affected by the drug use in her old place. You can say that she was a rescued cat. Here she is. Thanks for letting me share. 🙂

Yoda Revisited.jpg

Edited by DegasElite

32 minutes ago, Gianna said:

I thought this would be a nice topic for a conversation starter 😊

I have a long haired dachshund named Sally who is 7. She is very shy yet super protective. She loves going for car rides, boat rides, and getting occasional Puppacinos from Starbucks (whipped cream in a small cup). 🙂 Sally is so sweet and I don't know what I would do without her!

If you have pets, share their pics and a little about them below! 

IMG-5128.jpg

Cool. Seems like a good-natured dog. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

I had a long haired Jack that was my companion after my ex and I parted ways.  I have pics of her.  I no longer have her, though.  I was going through rough times so I gave her up.  Hardest thing I had to do.

Well...I'm on my tablet...give me a min to check my computer.  I know I have pics of her and Christmas somewhere.

Ah!  Here she is.  My long haired Jack.  Name was Daisy.  Very smart dog.

1934814_1171668223410_133901_n.jpg.4584a7c5e9e7bde78917365524647572.jpg

Loved her a lot.  Only dog I didn't need a leash for.  She'd stay right by my side.  If she DID stray too far all I had to say was her name and she'd come right back.  I have more photos of her.  She loved car rides. She also had a bug fetish (eww).

1934814_1171666703372_5446327_n.jpg.3134430b02f59ebcc45a169a8b6382eb.jpgDaisy_Dog.jpg.60abde7d6c67c8226671a7cec4491a89.jpg

Christmas is the furry child I have now.  She is my wife's service animal when we are out and about but pretty much my child when we are home.  Nothing like Daisy but very unique in her own ways.  Never shy...always wants the first to greet and get attention.  She makes her presence known.  

323821_2777802855772_574174896_o.jpg.186641b718a8503361035f048ed2d7e2.jpg

This is the first day we got her and ...

20161129_030954.jpg.87cea8868d49e8a790d3976589c7863d.jpg\

… 9 years later.  She sleeps with me in "my" bed.  Yes...that's the same dog.  LOL.  Love her dearly. The only thing she doesn't like is storms.

I decided to update my post to include the "pets" we actually do currently have.  Wild animals in the backyard.  We back right up to a small wetlands, so we get tons of birds, coyotes, deer, ducks, quail, etc.  Here's a few I recently captured on camera.

bunny 001.JPG

bunny 019.JPG

Edited by RickR

20 hours ago, Gianna said:

She loves going for car rides, boat rides, and getting occasional Puppacinos from Starbucks (whipped cream in a small cup).

"Puppacinos." That's pretty cool, Gianna. When I go with my friends out to the bank and restaurants, they bring their two dogs with. They get regular dog treats from the bank, but ice cream from Dairy Queen and Culver's, playfully called "pup cups." Those are free for the dogs at both locations. That is a pretty cool incentive. I like my friends' dogs. They are rescued dogs. One was homeless for a while, and the other was abused. He was taken from his original owner by police. They were fostered together and then they came to be with my friends. Fun pups, they are.

Under normal circumstances, my wife and I usually do our grocery shopping once a month at Wal-Mart.  We used to go when 3rd shift starts or a little before.  Christmas gets to go with us and has to make her rounds to see the crew she loves the most.  We can't do our shopping until then.  She doesn't like men other than me generally but has a male store manager she absolutely loves.  Another employee when he sees her always goes to the deli, gets a chicken strip, and gives it to her.  Even the store manager loves her and has said she is welcome there any time.

Give a hug to all the furry children for me!  And Hi, Sally. 

Oh, have I not introduced my pet yet? Well, here he is. This is Fluff, our betta fish.703AE837-D226-428D-9119-F007B1E41006.jpeg.042ad0814b39f6ffe01932a564002bb0.jpeg

See, Fluff works as a name as he’s not fluffy at all.

Bettas are interesting fish. You can actually train them to do things. They’re very unique. Fluff can’t do anything too terribly fancy (so far), but we love him just the same. He will come up to greet you from the bottom of his bowl and look you in the face with his weird (but cute) fish eyes.

I don't have any pets. I used to have a German Shepherd Dog back in the 90s. His passing was tough on the family, so we decided not to get another pet. It took me a year before I could look at the backyard without grieving. We still talk about him from time to time especially when we spot other GSDs.

I love cats, dogs, and all animals. I regularly watch the Dodo channel and other animal videos on YouTube to get my fix. I hope to get a dog when I retire.

I thought I would give an update on Sally, and am curious how everyone's pets are doing as well ☺️

Sally is now 9! She still loves car rides more than anything and gets very excited if she knows she's about to go for one. She also loves golf cart rides! I find that she is a bit more chill these days than she was before. The picture below is from September when she came home from having a haircut. 🐾

IMG_1375.JPG

No. My wife and I do not currently own any pets nor the desire to do so. When I was younger, I grew up around dogs and cats always present in our house. But once I moved out and got on my own I've never owned a pet since. The main issue is that my wife and I don't want to have to worry about leaving a pet with someone to look after if we should go out of town for a bit. Heck, we don't even like asking for friends to come by the house to get the mail and bring it inside when we are out of town. 

So, no pets at this time.

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

11 minutes ago, CrossBow said:

No. My wife and I do not currently own any pets nor the desire to do so. When I was younger, I grew up around dogs and cats always present in our house. But once I moved out and got on my own I've never owned a pet since. The main issue is that my wife and I don't want to have to worry about leaving a pet with someone to look after if we should go out of town for a bit. Heck, we don't even like asking for friends to come by the house to get the mail and bring it inside when we are out of town. 

So, no pets at this time.

This exactly the reasoning for my wife and me too.  Well stated.  Although we did have a dog (our first child) a few years after we bought our first house and before we had kids.  That's dang good training for being a parent if you ask me. 

If I'd have known how long this pandemic would go on, I might have decided to get a dog.  Still, we have so many plans to travel, and we'll eventually get that chance again (soon I hope). 

In any case, I love pets and really love seeing the pictures from other members here.  So cute!