Justin

Squad Challenge - Super Breakout (Atari 2600)

New personal best I suppose, I started screwing up by looking at my score during play 🙄 .... just hitting one point blocks at the time made it even worse

IMG_2041.JPG.d20ca2ef2dc13d197f95581d50df6fbd.JPG

1 hour ago, greenween said:

My goal for today was to break 2,000. 3,041!

breakout 5.jpg

I was inspired by trying to break the 2k mark ..... great score @greenween

6 hours ago, atarilbc said:

I kept playing last night and all I got for my efforts was a busted paddle set. The brittle plastic gave way on both paddles. 😭😭😭🤷‍♂️

IMG_20200508_064940851.jpg

V61 I think has replacement knobs.  You might just replace them with new ones...especially if the paddles themselves are still working.

A thing I was curious about happened this game .... cleared a screen with 2 balls in play, hoping one would be trapped above the bricks (that wouldn't have happened in this instance anyways) ... when the bricks reset one of the 2 balls I had in play got disappeared. So I guess no more than 3 balls on the screen at one time.

IMG_2043.JPG.2048e54e47cf76bb84e78bd24f3dc59d.JPG

3369   \o/

IMG_2044.JPG.e35b10046ece367292c1e5f8007be2cb.JPG

12 hours ago, atarilbc said:

I kept playing last night and all I got for my efforts was a busted paddle set. The brittle plastic gave way on both paddles. 😭😭😭🤷‍♂️

IMG_20200508_064940851.jpg

You could first super glue them bits in to get the "D" back then fill outer cavities with hot-melt glue (or play-doh or epoxy

5 hours ago, RickR said:

Damn fine score, and I'll bet that last brick was playing hard-to-get.  

Yeah when you go around the screen 6 times & the ball won't hit it then ya gatta risk using the bottom paddle to try & get a different loop.

The game does have an inherent issue with that variation. The captive balls are brown and flicker, which allows them to sometimes pass through a brick and even your paddle.  Here's 2 videos I just put up.  The first shows one of the captive balls going right through a brick multiple times.  I was only able to knock it out using the blue ball.  The other shows a captive ball going right through the paddle.

1 hour ago, Gianna said:

Here is my score so far. I played using paddle controllers. It seems like I go a while on the first ball, and then once I lose a ball I go through them really quickly! You guys  have really good scores!

397658383_unnamed(1).jpg.cae77b59e7b51404f311568d1099948a.jpg

Awesome!  Yea, you really have to kind of be in a trance when watching where the ball is going.  Thanks for the compliments.  This is a fun game.