Squad Challenge - Mario Bros. (Atari 2600)

Justin

Add me to the 1 million club, just in time :)  I point-pressed Slipice as well. You can kill up to 255 Slipice per level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5ZwaySWYA

It's possible to roll the score counter w/o point-pressing.  The strategy is observing the fireballs on each level.  The first 5 fireballs of a level are random; after that, the pattern continues to loop those 5.  The next level will randomly have a new pattern of 5, and so on. 

Edited by Scott Stilphen

17 minutes ago, Scott Stilphen said:

Add me to the 1 million club, just in time :)  I point-pressed Slipice as well. You can kill up to 255 Slipice per level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z5ZwaySWYA

It's possible to roll the score counter w/o point-pressing.  The strategy is observing the fireballs on each level.  The first 5 fireballs of a level are random; after that, the pattern continues to loop those 5.  The next level will randomly have a new pattern of 5, and so on. 

You have your video set to private.  I can't see it. 

5 hours ago, kamakazi20012 said:

Uploading video to YouTube now.  I will post once uploaded.  

I didn't realize you can kick the slipice while they are melting! It appears you get more points for that than when you bump them from underneath, and it generates coins wafers afterwards as well!

Edited by RadioPoultry

32 minutes ago, kamakazi20012 said:

I got my butt handed to me on that level.  I'll keep trying.

Good luck @kamakazi20012! I've got to call Time though. We're now past 11:59 PM Pacific. I'll tally up scores, post standings and get the next Squad Challenge posted on Monday.

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Scott Stilphen!

Congratulations @Scott Stilphen! Your Mario Bros. score took top placement in our Final Standings! I hope everybody enjoyed experiencing Mario Bros. on the Atari 2600. This version of the game plays slightly different from other versions mostly due to the 2600's limitations, but I think the game looks really good and is fun to play once you work out the different dynamic if you're used to the other versions. Racking up points can become a bit of a puzzle to put all of the pieces together to make your strategy work, and I think that's a lot of fun.

This is a second win in a row for Scott, congratulations to Scott for taking the top spot at the very end with a 1st Place score of 1,002,400 points! I took 2nd with 1,000,200 points, and @atarilbc had consistently good showings in this challenge and ended up placing 3rd with 986,200 points. @RickR, @greenween, @kamakazi20012, @Gianna, @Atari Creep@RadioPoultry and @TrekMD all had great showings, and in general most all of our scores really improved from what they had been at the beginning of the challenge. Congratulations to everybody on an exciting run, and to everyone who joined in this Squad Challenge and shared a score! I'd like to encourage Scitt to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be an Atari 7800 challenge. Be there!

large.final_standings_2600_mario_bros.gif

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

59 minutes ago, Scott Stilphen said:

Justin, I think you'll agree that anybody who can roll the score on this one can pretty much marathon it 🙂  And considering you were the first here to do it, I gladly yield my place to you.  

Thanks Scott, it's cool. No host wants to win the prize at their own party, if you know what I mean.

You did really well and should be proud, I'm thinking sometime filming my score and seeing just how far I can take it.