Reprinting labels

RickR

I was hoping someone could help me.  I have a lot of Atari carts with ripped or missing labels, and I'm looking for a resource to download and reprint them myself.  I'm not a stickler, so just printing on normal paper on my inkjet printer would be fine.  Specifically, I really need an Activision Tennis at this moment.

I found some interesting stuff on atariage, but it can get overwhelming over there.  Pages and pages to scroll through with no real success.  And things always devolve into arguments about adding a "repro" line to the label.  I don't care about any of that.  I'm not going to resell, and I have no intention of faking anyone out.  I just want my bare carts to have something that looks decent on them.

So please, if you know of a good resource that has downloadable images of various labels, please let me know.  Thanks.

There is someone selling them on Atari Age already made.  They are of good quality.  I'm adding the list of labels here.  Pboland is the person selling them.  That way you can just PM him directly and avoid the pages and pages with arguments.  🙂

2600 Label List - pboland.pdf 7800 Cart Label Catalog.pdf

🖖 Going to the final frontier, gaming...

25 minutes ago, BlackCatz40 said:

Cool! Thanks for the links. I can order some for my copy of ZiMAG's Tanks But No Tanks. It needs cosmetic repair, for sure, especially the label. :O)

I think it makes a lot of sense for a rare cart like that.  But I can't justify spending $2.50 + shipping for an Activision Tennis when the cart itself is worth $1.  That's why I was hoping to just print one out myself.  In any case, it's great to have that as an option and thanks so much @TrekMd for sharing this info. 

I have a few with no labels and a few more with heavy label damage.  Pac-Man and Circus Atari have water damage and my Berzerk has some kind of oil spilled on the label.  I'm like RickR; I don't want to pay to have those labels made but would like my collection to look as best as possible.  There's nothing wrong with wishing that.  I can also understand some of the logical reasoning behind some of the responses at Atari Age.  Then again I remember buying ColecoVision games with remade labels from one of its members once but no one complained about that.  

I wonder if this guy can do custom labels, where you send him the design and he does it. Maybe, others can do a good job of remaking designs themselves. Then, he can produce them. It's just that I have Photoshop and I could make my own factory-accurate design and have it produced as a label. That's all. I wonder if he is up to that. Interesting thought.