Coleco Telstar Combat!

RickR

I wanted to share this one. 

I recently acquired a lot of vintage junk, and within was this beauty.  It was dirty and didn't work.  But I've cleaned it up and got it working once again.  The right most stick is still broken.  It's fixable, but I don't have the right parts.  In any case, it has one player options that are still playable.  Most likely from the mid 1970's. 

Coleco Telstar Combat!

coleco combat 007.JPG

coleco combat 005.JPG

On 6/10/2020 at 6:41 PM, RickR said:

I wanted to share this one. 

I recently acquired a lot of vintage junk, and within was this beauty.  It was dirty and didn't work.  But I've cleaned it up and got it working once again.  The right most stick is still broken.  It's fixable, but I don't have the right parts.  In any case, it has one player options that are still playable.  Most likely from the mid 1970's. 

Coleco Telstar Combat!

coleco combat 007.JPG

coleco combat 005.JPG

So sexy.

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

I haven't had the need to completely take apart my Coleco Combat. but I did successfully remove the handles by heating them up with a hair dryer and a LOT of even pressure ( I think I just used the thumb knuckles as fulcrum ) spade connectors for the buttons

I am not sure how the spring mechanisms work

A great game with another player all hunched-up next to one another. I think game #4 is the robot controlled black tank.

You just have to stay out of "The Abyss" which is is beyond the border down bottom where no matter what you do you can't drive out of there.

My now 13 yr old nephew likes to hit the reset button before I reach the game winning shot. but if HE is about to acheive the game winning shot we sort of wrestle for the button.

Edited by chas10e
wrong game number

10 hours ago, RickR said:

On the broken stick, It's a leaf switch internally, and the middle leaf has broken off.  Fixable, but not too easily.

I opened mine up to take a peek and I don't envy you at all.

I do have some switch blades that may work out for you but will have to be worked.

The hole spacing me be an issue on the longer blades I have. some info can be found here http://www.planetarypinball.com/reference/partsmanuals/WMS_Parts_1974-1975/index.html#/50/

if interested for the parts shoot me a PM & I'll toss 'em in an envelope for ya's

IMG_2056.JPG