Justin

Squad Challenge - Astrosmash (Intellivision) Astroblast (Atari 2600) Double Feature!

Just now, Atari Creep said:

How is it using the Ranger on OG hardware? I might try it tomorrow.

Works great! I really like both the Ranger and the Trooper. I don't think they got the paddle right on the Ranger but as a thumb pad it's pretty nice! 

:pole_position_blimp_big: Congratulations Atari Creep!

Congratulations @Atari Creep on winning the top spot on the scoreboard! Great performance, and nice to see you win one of your first Squad Challenges! I hope everyone enjoyed our Double Feature and going between the two games. Astrosmash/Astroblast was a nice twist on Asteroids and is a fun play.

@Atari Creep takes the 1st Place spot with an impressive score of 111,845. @btbfilms76 also showed up with his A-game in a near-win with a score of 104,730 to take 2nd Place on the board. @RickR takes 3rd Place in our Final Standings for this Squad Challenge with 51,345 points. @TrekMD @atarilbc and @kamakazi20012 all had great showings, and hopefully had a fun time playing in this challenge. Congratulations to everybody on an exciting run, and to everyone who joined in this Squad Challenge and shared a score! I'd like to encourage Atari Creep to post his new high score on the Scoreboard, and let's make sure this Challenge continues on!

NOTE: Our next High Score Squad Challenge will be for the Sega Master System. Be there!

I'm currently moving into a new house and don't have access to my computer, I will update Final Standings with a nice graphic when I'm able to return to my computer.

FINAL STANDINGS

ATARI CREEP     111,845

BTBFILMS76     104,730

RICKR     51,345

TREKMD     5,030

ATARILBC     4,415

KAMAKAZI20012     4,120

large.atari_league_world_championships_150.gif

Congrats, @Atari Creep

I tend to agree with @RickR, they really are two different games in terms of difficulty.  The 2600 port is objectively more challenging.  (Just look at my score difference. 😬)

It was still a fun change up to have a cross-platform challenge!  What other games might work for something like this? 

BTW - I posted a peak score of 81k on the Inty version. The low score above was my attempt at the 2600.