Squad Challenge - 2020 Pole Position II Grand Prix (Atari 7800)

Justin

57 minutes ago, nosweargamer said:

I FINISHED THE RACE!!!

46731076_20200819_2041022.jpg.d0e7a89a5038bc1c49817709871bed0f.jpg

WAY TO GO @nosweargamer🏆

10 hours ago, RickR said:

There's something that really bothers me about this game:  The shifting.  They made "High" up and "Low" down.  Should have reversed them.  Otherwise, no complaints.  It's a game that demands precision.  It's tough, but not unfair.  And that makes it fun.

TOTALLY AGREE!! I remember being maybe 4 years old at Chuck E. Cheese's playing Night Driver and thinking the same thing.

29 minutes ago, Atari Creep said:

We play it once a year here. Wicked fun.

I don't enjoy playing nearly as much as when we have Squad Challenges. Challenges such as these can make even bad games more enjoyable (see Tax Avoiders). 😀

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

1 hour ago, nosweargamer said:

I don't enjoy playing nearly as much as when we have Squad Challenges. Challenges such as these can make even bad games more enjoyable (see Tax Avoiders). 😀

I like to think Atari I/O is an events-oriented place. One big event with little events going on within it, like a virtual convention.

1 hour ago, MaliciousCarp said:

Listening to the Daytona USA Sega Saturn soundtrack while playing made me slightly less mediocre this run!

(It also helps to say "Time Extension - Your Time Has Been Extended" to yourself when you finish a lap)

ROLLING START!

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

3 hours ago, MaliciousCarp said:

Listening to the Daytona USA Sega Saturn soundtrack while playing made me slightly less mediocre this run!

(It also helps to say "Time Extension - Your Time Has Been Extended" to yourself when you finish a lap)

IMG_20200820_203030508.jpg

Dude you actually have Svengoolie artwork hanging above your TV. How cool is that?

4 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

ROLLING START!

"Day-E-Ona! "  I never understood how someone could louse that up.  Then I discovered Babymetal and they completely silence the T in most English lyrics they use.  Although Su tries really hard bless her heart.

I've rocked out to that sound track in the past often.  It was one of my favorites.  Blue Sky was the one I listened to most.  Love the Svengoolie stuff @MaliciousCarp.

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Dude you actually have Svengoolie artwork hanging above your TV. How cool is that?

5 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

I've rocked out to that sound track in the past often.  It was one of my favorites.  Blue Sky was the one I listened to most.  Love the Svengoolie stuff @MaliciousCarp.

Thanks! It is the portrait that local (to me) comic artist Christopher Jones did a few years back.  I bought a signed print and took it to Midwest Gaming Classic to have Sven autograph it too! That was so fun!

He recognized the print right away (he does have one on set as well that you can see if you are looking for it) 

10 hours ago, Atari Creep said:

****VERY STRONG LANGUAGE****

29570, no much of an improvement but going in the right direction. LOL

As long as you are having fun, AC, that's all that matters.  It's why we play video games in the first place, right?  To have fun?  Get a break from reality?  And these old Atari machines are hanging around with us.  How cool is that?  It's all about having fun and making the best out of life, right?  Eat a few dots and ghosts, run around a race track, dig in the dirt, blast missiles out of the sky.  At the end of it all we live to do it all again another day.  Kind of sounds therapeutic.  OMG!  No wonder Mom bought that 5200.  She was giving me nasty medicine! I knew there was a conspiracy going on.

Edited by Atari 5200 Guy

2 hours ago, Atari 5200 Guy said:

As long as you are having fun, AC, that's all that matters.  It's why we play video games in the first place, right?  To have fun?  Get a break from reality?  And these old Atari machines are hanging around with us.  How cool is that?  It's all about having fun and making the best out of life, right?  Eat a few dots and ghosts, run around a race track, dig in the dirt, blast missiles out of the sky.  At the end of it all we live to do it all again another day.  Kind of sounds therapeutic.  OMG!  No wonder Mom bought that 5200.  She was giving me nasty medicine! I knew there was a conspiracy going on.

Exactly what I have been preaching for years!!!!!

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!