Squad Challenge - 2020 Pole Position II Grand Prix (Atari 7800)

Justin

23 minutes ago, Sabertooth said:

I gotta say this was one fun HSC. It was great to see everyone improve over time. Well done! 

Also, congrats @Justin on an epic high score! 

Thanks @Sabertooth glad you enjoyed it! Says a lot that the little Atari 7800 came with a pack-in title that is more fun than it often gets credit for. We'll be back again for next year's Grand Prix! :pole_position:

That was fun!  I had never given Pole Position 2 a fair shake before, but it is a definite gem on the 7800.  

I kind of hit a wall (or maybe it was a sign) with my score there towards the end, but I sure had fun trying.

thanks for organizing and running these contests, @Justin! (And congrats on first)

THAT was the most fun I've had with Pole Position II on the 7800 ... EVER!  I have to wait until 2012 to do it again?!?  Aww, man.  Contrary to some beliefs I honestly think PP II was a great pack-in game for the 7800.  It's a nice rounded easy to pick up and play kind of game. Anyone at any age could enjoy it.  I still don't understand something, though.  Why make individual boxed copies of the game that no one is going to need?  Doesn't make sense to me.  PP II included with the 7800: Yes.  PP II available separately from the machine:  No.  Makes no sense.  

Oh..sorry...got side tracked.  This was an awesome experience and I've had fun playing this game with all of you.  Note I said play WITH you all...not against you. 😉 

Awesome run @Justin.  I'm very much glad I got to see you break that old record during this Squad Challenge.  

1 hour ago, RickR said:

Congrats @Justin on posting your world record score to the various high score sites!   I voted "yea" on highscore.com.  The video was a lot of fun to watch.  Well done!

THANK YOU @RickR‼️ I really appreciate your support. I'm glad you enjoyed the video. IGTV is a little different now, so I'm going to try to do more subtly-edited "recorded live" videos featuring gameplay and events, along with what I would normally do. That will allow me to share them to YouTube and post in the forums as well.