FINALLY GOT ONE!!!!! - Atari Lynx

Atari Creep

1 hour ago, Atari Creep said:

Buying games. PayPal ready so long as you do not want a kings ransom for the games.

WHOAAA WELCOME TO THE CLUBBB @Atari Creep‼️ There's nothing like Lynx. Those bright colorful pixelated graphics, those chip tunes, they take you away to a world all its own :atari_lynx:

1 hour ago, RickR said:

YEAH MAN!  Welcome to an exclusive club!  My advice is to start with California Games, as that was the pack-in game originally.  You're gonna have some fun!

25 minutes ago, atarilbc said:

Woohoo! You're in for a lot of great games! The Lynx is a just an amazing handheld for the time and the ratio of good games is quite high. Congrats!

ABSOLUTELY!! I second all of this :electrocop:

18 hours ago, Justin said:

WHOAAA WELCOME TO THE CLUBBB @Atari Creep‼️ There's nothing like Lynx. Those bright colorful pixelated graphics, those chip tunes, they take you away to a world all its own :atari_lynx:

Thanks man.

17 hours ago, RickR said:

YEAH MAN!  Welcome to an exclusive club!  My advice is to start with California Games, as that was the pack-in game originally.  You're gonna have some fun!

I already had Chips Challenge here waiting for a system. Such a fun game. I do plan to see out as many titles as I can. Cali Games is the only other game I have ever played on the system back when it cam out. 

16 hours ago, atarilbc said:

Woohoo! You're in for a lot of great games! The Lynx is a just an amazing handheld for the time and the ratio of good games is quite high. Congrats!

Thanks so much!!!!! I have been playing these games on emulation for far too long.

15 hours ago, nosweargamer said:

Knowing you @Atari Creep, my guess is you'll be tracking this one down!

100% I will. Love that game. Going to start looking at lots for games. I only have Chips Challenge right now. 

Don't just watch TV, PLAY IT!

1 hour ago, Atari Creep said:

I already had Chips Challenge here waiting for a system. Such a fun game. I do plan to see out as many titles as I can. Cali Games is the only other game I have ever played on the system back when it cam out.

Dude that is WILD that you're starting with Chip's Challenge and California Games, those were my first two Atari Lynx games too!! That first summer I went all summer with just those two games. Chip's Challenge was a gift to me, and one that I really came to appreciate. When I was saving up for the Lynx, looking at the pictures and screenshots in the Sears catalog and browsing games at Toys R Us, Chip's Challenge didn't really stand out much to me. When I received it as a gift, it was rare for me to receive a video game present and I really, really appreciated it and wanted to make the most out of it. I gave Chip's Challenge a chance and it turned out to be an amazing puzzle game, one of my absolute most loved games of all time. I love the graphics, the chip tunes and sound, I love that the game forces you to think and find your way through these mazes, and I really appreciate that there's a story to the game. It's not just Tetris, you've got to get the girl! You're in for a real treat @Atari Creep

9 minutes ago, Justin said:

I've been wanting to do Chip's Challenge in High Score Squad for years, but it's one of those "password games" where you can enter a code to go to the next level. Maybe now is a good time to figure out how to do Chip's Challenge as a High Score contest..

High Score for a specific level?

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

You might be able to correct some of the screen issues by recapping it as it likely needs it anyway. But yes eventually you will want a McWill in that thing. It is a pretty excellent handheld and I'm sorry I didn't pick one up when they were new back in the day. I went the Game gear route instead during that time. But I don't regret that decision either!

See what I'm up to over at the Ivory Tower Collections: http://www.youtube.com/ivorytowercollections

14 minutes ago, kamakazi20012 said:

I loved the Game Gear.  Slider was a fun GG game!  I had Sonic 2 as well. Sadly GG and Lynx were in the same boat when it came to battery life.  GG and Lynx sucked on battery power.

The original Sonic the Hedgehog on GameGear is probably my favorite Sonic game to be honest.

7 hours ago, Justin said:

Possibly a single life run. Or just honor system. I'll work something out. 

That reminds me of one of my favorite 90s SNL skits. Norm McDonald plays a long reigning champion on an honor system based Bible game show. 😄

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/clara-turleys-bible-challenge/2861287

The No Swear Gamer on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtJuo040EOCTVziObIgVcg

Host of The Atari 7800 Game by Game Podcast on iTunes, Stitcher and YouTube

On 8/18/2020 at 4:28 PM, nosweargamer said:

High Score for a specific level?

We figured out that if you keep getting killed on a level it will ask if you want to skip it. If you say yes (or no I will confirm that shortly.) it will give ya a total score before moving on. So it's possible to record a score. If we do a level run codes could be used to advance unfairly. 

UPDATE

Just made an offer and scored these 2 game for $12.09 after shipping and tax. Not sure about Steel Talons but Cyberball is ok. Weird Football game if I remember.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-lynx-Game-Combo-Steel-Talons-and-Tournament-Cyberball-2-for-price-of-1/133228977613?hash=item1f0510ddcd:g:KlAAAOSwRD5dhTw0