Flea market find -- vinyl albums

socrates63

Earlier today, I went to Aurora Antique Pavilion, a place that housed dozens of independently owned booths selling antiques and collectibles, which was featured in a recent Metal Jesus Rocks YouTube video. I had previously lived in the city where the antique pavilion is located for 20+ years and had never been there despite having visited another store in the same building. In addition to seeing the place in the MJR video, what really piqued my interest was reading someone's comment that places like this are what flea markets now look like. I had never been to a flea market, but you always hear about people finding big bargains in such venues, so I wanted to see a real flea market. The place was big and I got lost briefly once or twice. It was an awesome place, and I had a lot fun browsing stuff from decades past. I'll definitely be back.

Anyway, I didn't find anything interesting to me video game wise, but I didn't want to leave empty handed. I went to one small booth that had a small vinyl collection, and I was ecstatic when I found the vinyl soundtrack of Thunderball, my favorite 007 movie. I just love the jacket art. The LP hasn't been played from the looks of it, and the jacket is in great condition. I picked up two other albums from the same booth.

What are your flea market shopping experiences?

DSC07092.JPG

DSC07094.JPG

This place has a few booths with video games and several other scattered booths with video game memorabilia. I didn't find anything exciting (probably picked through after the video came out a couple of weeks ago) or if it was interesting, it was over priced. I found one booth that had the DVD box sets of original Star Blazers series 1 and 2 and the price sticker was $120 for series 1 (couldn't see the price on the other box). That was serious sticker shock because I found it brand new on ebay for half the price.

3 hours ago, socrates63 said:

a few people wandering about who asked if you're doing ok.

I love this question because it means I get to have fun.  Especially at Wal-Mart.  Then again we know most of the workers at Wal-Mart and I've answered, "Nope.  I've lost my mind and I'm not looking for it.  If you find it please keep it away from me."  😁  Hey...if they can sell shirts that say if you can read this then you are standing too close then I can try to make them laugh of at least see the looks on their faces.  

4 hours ago, socrates63 said:

As far as I could tell, there's no haggling at this place. I didn't see anyone at any booth who appeared to the owner. There was a single place in the entire place where you went to pay for the items and a few people wandering about who asked if you're doing ok.

Oh!  How interesting.  We have antique malls like that here. 

The Flea Market that I've been to is a bunch of individual booths, manned, with food stands and stuff too.